Am I the first to get it????

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Well, Heli-X isn't free anymore if you want the unimited version.

I purchased Heli-X 5.0 last night and got my activation key this morning. It was around $70 USD. I have it on my Windows 8 machine and it seems to be working well. I must say I like it. It is more DOSesqu than RF7 and it works with the RF interlink controller I have. I haven't had a chance to play around with it much. I want to try to plug my DX7s into the interlink and see if it will work. I'm thinking it will but will try it to see. Programming the controller part of the sim is just like your Tx. You have D/R & Expo (called by different names but easy to figure out), throttle, and pitch curves. It has separate settings for startup, IU1, and Autorotate i.e. normal, IU1, Throttle Hold. I like it and I was able to setup my Tx in about 10 minutes. And it has the same setup as my Goblin.

Models included are Goblin 700 (many different colors) and the Avant Mostro among a vast number of other popular models.

Gotta say, I'm still trying to figure out how to setup Phoenix and RF7. Although, I am flying on both and am satisfied, my setup is not like my real bird..........close enough to learn and hone my skills but not like I have been able to setup in Heli-X.

Lee

Dude its never been free. Only the demo is free.
Just updated mine. Gonna check it out know :)
I have been using this since the beginning, but never find anyone online, so i use Phoenix for that.
I prefer this though for the realistic flying.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
I thought that since this subforum was under the "Free Simulators" here on the forum that it may have been free at one time. I did download the free demo and play with it and I did a little research online and people like it and say the same as you have said that flying is realistic. My RC heli quest started with rchelicopterfun.com and I purchased his ebooks as well. John gives it the thumbs up so that is what made me try it.

If I can ever get a connection at home that will keep up with online flying I'll give you a shout sometime. I live out where internet is either nonexistent or to expensive.....I use my iPhone as a hotspot right now but it does well to download a web page and it doen't do that quickly.

Lee

Just had a quick play with the V5. It has a lot of unto date helis in there. Including the Avant Monstro which isn't even out yet.
So far I like the 7HV and the Warp 360.
I set it up to fly like my Warp. Very realistic :)
For less than $70 its by far the best sim out there. More popular here in Europe than the states.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
I'm flying the Goblin 700 in green, the 500, and the Mostro.

What controller setup are you using?

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
I agree. The graphics are better on RF7 but Phoenix is the best. I downloaded all the Goblins for RF7 from Gronimod.com. They even have the Orange Speed in both versions 3D skids and speed skids. It's pretty cool, you can take the canopy off but you can't put it back on.....I guess that will be in an update.

Top Bottom