FBL Gyro Alzrc 505 ?

So I got the 505 super combo. It comes with the mini K Bar gyro it is a direct clone of the V bar. People are up and down about this gyro most people don't like it because simply it's a clone. I don't want to get into the political stuff I just want to know if anybody's had any problems with the k-bar performance-wise. I have a mini Ikon that I was going to put on my 450 T-Rex or I can put it on the 505. I don't really care about the name I only care about the performance.

Smoggie

I've used several Kbars in the past, they all performed great, indistinguishable from a genuine Vbar. The only missing feature on the yellow Kbar is a governor function, but you can use the one in the ESC which works great.

Man this is great ! Ask a question and you get an answer wow. That is exactly the kind of information I was sinking. Way better than series.

Tony

Staff member
lol, i let Steve answer this one (I knew he would) because I have never liked this gyro. It is quite large and if you try to update it, it will completely brick and destroy the gyro. So never update this gyro no matter how much you want to.

Smoggie

The Kbar comes with the latest software so no reason to update. The only newer software version is for Mikdo's Vcontrol transmitter only, so no use to anyone who doesnt use Vcontrol.

Admiral

I have the K-Bar on 2 older basher machines and they have worked great for a years, my preference went to AR7200BX/BeastX Plus for my better machines, lately I have been replacing them with iKon but have left the K-Bars on the bashers as the iKon is worth more then the helicopter and there is no issues with them the K-Bar.

Derek

Off topic a bit...personally, I would like to get the Alzrc 505 helicopter. I think it would be great to have. Best of luck to you and your build!

As for the flybarless controller, I've never used one. I've got friends that have used the kbar with great success but I've also heard stories of people not liking it. If I weren't so fond of the Ikon fbl controller, I'd probably give the kbar a shot and most likely have a good experience.

Top Bottom