450 all banged up

Sparse

well my heli met the ground yesterday, bound to happen being a new pilot on the dfc side and 450 side. not to say the least my heli has to be rebuilt almost from the ground up, were can i get real align parts at a reasonable price.

EyeStation

Sorry to hear the luck there Sparse. What was the cause?
I'll be waiting to see where the best place stateside is too. Good luck with the rebuild.

Sparse

user error, thats what caused it i got intimidated, Im not mad im just gonna take my time rebuild invest in a sim and maybe by christmas i be in the air again with the 450. as for now back to micros.

Tony

Staff member
I order all of my stuff for my Align heli's from AMainHobbies.com. Never had a single issue, everything is very well packaged and anything over $25 is free shipping. Oh, and fast shipping to boot!

Sparse

ican look at amain i did not even think of them, i used to use them for all my nitro buggy parts.:stupid:

Derek

Sorry about the crash, Sparse! It sounds like you have a good attitude about it.

As far as parts...yeah, definitely look into amainhobbies...I've ordered from them many times and it usually takes about 3 days for them to get my order, process it, pack it, and get it to me...that's from California to NE Indiana. Ya just gotta love 'em!

In regard to the sim....definitely get one...every new rc pilot should have one. I don't care if it's Phoenix, Real Flight, or any other sim. It really does help.

Sparse

well guys tomorrow i get to put one of my orders into Amain :glee: i got alot sitting in my shopping cart, tomorrow i will complete the purchase. still got to do one more or so orders and the rebuild will be complete. However my buddy came over and he was looking over the wreck and he thinks a servo went bad during flight. well im just wondering what aftermarket servos would you guys suggest, I have to run digital with the 3gx so keep that in mind when posting. love hi tech and run them in my nitro buggy, however being new to helis if i did get hi tech for my heli i would be lost in to which one to get. any help on the servo end would be fantastic.

Sparse

I am not to sure about running align servos, i want to up grade. need some help choosing, i am very found of hi tech, however which ones should i get for cyclic and tail.

Tony

Staff member
What is your issue with Align servos? they are great.

If you want suggestions on servos, you need to post what you are putting them on. If it's for the 450 posted in the first post, then get some DS415's for the cyclic and a DS425 for the tail. If you are stating the above because you stripped a gear, that is going to happen in a crash, no matter what the servo. that is one of the downfalls of the DFC head, it puts all of the torque of a crash right into the servo directly from the head.

Sparse

yeah i am most likely going to stick with align servos, i just have to learn how to fly better, in time i will get there.

Tony

Staff member
We all crash bro. As stated, Align and Savox are pretty much the same servos. Really the only "upgrade" you can do is to MKS servos (I think that is right, I'm too poor to afford them lol). If you get a 500 size or bigger, Bert Kammerer just came out with his own servos that have a speed of .03. I'm talking SICK FAST!!!

murankar

Staff member
Align.....Savox, same same. If you want that upgrade then the MKS DS95 for cyclics and the DS95i for the tail. Then run them on high voltage.

+1 tony

Sparse

I watched a you tube vide about the mks the being new i thought i would wait until, Well this very post :pride: I wanted to get other peoples views on them before i pursued them any more. but from the things i have herd it may be so save coin for and look forward to. plus CHRISTMAS is just about here :triumphant:

murankar

Staff member
When it comes to the servos at some point you will not really notice a difference in performance unless you are beating the crap out of the heli. Personally if your just getting into the hobby and have not flown a lot go with the less expensive Align, Savox or even HiTech. MKS servos are great and built well but you will not see much of a difference in regular flight. What you need to really be concerned with is: Are they digital, metal geared and do they meet the minimum speed requirements for your setup. I would not spend more than $40 U.S. for cyclics and no more than $65 U.S. for the tail. In that range you will find high quality servos that will meet your needs.

Top Bottom