450 Align450 pro 3gx main shaft festering shaft part numbers

Dizzle000

Hey everyone I got a question hoping you can help I am new to the heli world and I have just purchased a 450 pro 3gx and I'm looking online (ebay) to buy some extra feathering shafts main shafts torque tubes and some other things I'm sure will break during a crash are the main shaft and feathering shaft the same for the pro 3gx as the original pro with the flybar? Thx
Kyle

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry meant feathering not festering damn iPhone

Tony

Staff member
I think this may be easier. Below is a link to the Pro V2 on amainhobbies.com. You can also go to the Pro page (on the left, just above the V2) and those parts will fit as well, and there are more of them since it's virtually the same heli. I'm not sure where Kamloops is, so I'm going out on a limb here. amain is a USA store, but ship all over the world.

T-Rex 450 Pro V2 Parts & Accessories - A Main Hobbies

Dirk

Hi Kyle,

As far as I know the feathering'same, but the main shaft is not. You must get the main shaft specifically made for the PRO DFC. Consider buying some tail gears as well as well as a tail boom.

You're gonna enjoy the heli. Do follow Tony 's 3GX setup videos. He is not called Master Tony for nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Darn! He got the jump on me again! LOL.

Dizzle000

So the pro3gx main and feathering shaft are the same as the pro and sport? From what I can see but i think if you have the dfc head the main shaft is different mine is not a pro 3gx dfc , just the pro 3gx

- - - Updated - - -

I think Iv watched all the 450 pro 3gx vids at least 4 times trying to gain as much knowledge before I tackle this beast

- - - Updated - - -

i want to thank you guys for helping me out with this sometimes it becomes overwhelming being a newbie and trying to figure this all out.

Slobberdog

Yeah the pro v2 3Gx uses the the same shaft as a normal flybar version,

Align has just released a new feathering shaft design for all their 450 size birds and it comes in a set with the thrust bearings as the holes have changed in those as well.

Tony

Staff member
If I'm thinking correctly, the sport and pro do NOT use the same feathering shaft. You will need to get one specifically for the Pro. Any Pro will work and the Pro will also fit the DFC. But the sport and SE V2 are shorter and will not work. HOep this helps.

Tony

Staff member
I stand corrected, The Pro does fit the Sport. Just verified this on amain as well as the above link. My bad, I have new toys sitting in front of me and got in a hurry lmao.

Tony

Staff member
They just got rid of the step down. It will be stronger, and yes, they can use larger bolts now. Should have done this from teh beginning IMO. Much easier to manufacture.

john2012

Banned
tony or anyone else i have a question about the new links that come off the blade grips on my heli the link is against the aluminum and the ball link is against the alumis it suppost to be tight against it

Tony

Staff member
John, I have no idea when a sentence begins or ends without punctuation. I'm not sure if you are providing a statement or asking a question. If you are having an issue, please post your own thread on the matter. Thanks.

Top Bottom