450 Align Trex 450 Pro v2 3gx

stokke

I have been trying out a few stick-ends as well, and also got the wrong size on one occasion.
The sticks for the; DX6i, DX7S and DX8 have 3mm bore.

I now have three sets, got them all at eBay.

flysolo

Finally got some time to try to finish my 450 pro dfc build. First I used a 6 ch receiver and bound it to a dx6i. It worked but so many cables so i'm gonna use satellites instead. Now to my problem, sure it's just me doing some stupid mistake.

Put one satellite in and bound it to my new Dx8. Worked perfect but I wasn't done with the wiring so took it apart. Now I plugged in a second satellite and i guess I have to rebind right? Well, I put the bind plug in, connect the bec but nothing happens. If I remove the bind plug and power up I get a solid orange from the first satellite, green from the 3gx but nothing from the second satellite.

Any ideas?

stokke

I think I saw somewhere on the forum; that if using the DX6i, you cannot use two satellites with the 3GX.
You'll have to use an external Rx, then plug a satellite into that.

OR, you'll have to buy a 7CH+ Tx to be able to use dual satellites with 3GX.

flysolo

Thanks stokke, but I already went and bought a Dx8 :)

The problem now is to get both satellites to bind. Actually after trying a couple of times now everything is dead. It doesn't matter if I have the bind plug or not when I plug in the battery.. the 3gx and the 2 satellites treat my like my x-girlfriend used to - total silence.

- Niklas

stokke

Thanks stokke, but I already went and bought a Dx8 :)

The problem now is to get both satellites to bind. Actually after trying a couple of times now everything is dead. It doesn't matter if I have the bind plug or not when I plug in the battery.. the 3gx and the 2 satellites treat my like my x-girlfriend used to - total silence.

- Niklas

Sorry for not reading your post thoroughly enough!

Then; +1 on what Adam said :D

flysolo

Hm, I have everything connected to the 3gx. Still nothing. It worked with one satellite but after adding the other one I could not re-bind. And now can't get anything. Does this indicate that I have a bad wire och broken connection somewhere then? Or could it be something else?

Thanks for your help, almost giving up here and throw all this sh** out the window(i'm on the 9:th floor so at least it would fly one time )

flysolo

Yes, it is unplugged and I was able to rebind after that with just on satellite connected directly to the 3gx.

When I plug in the battery now both stellites give one short orange blink but I get nothing else..

- - - Updated - - -

No question or advice is stupid, I'm at a total loss.. ready to try anything :)

Adam

I wish i could help on this one boy i got both sat to bind with the dx6 its just that i couldnt control the gain lol maybe a picture of the setup or even a video of the problem would really do some justice

stokke

All servos are connected, and connected correctly to the 3GX?
No unnecessary wires are plugged in the 3GX?
The power/throttle wire from ESC is connected to the 3GX in the correct port?
If you disconnect the satellites from 3GX, does the 3GX light up?
Will it light up with one satellite connected?
Will it light up with one satellite connected on any of the two SAT ports?
Will it light up with or without the BIND-plug connected?

Tony

Staff member
I have seen this over looked, but is your battery fully charged? As stated above make sure the ESC/BEC is plugged into the Rx correctly and also make sure you are putting the bind plug on the bind port. There is another port right next to it and it's easy to slip it in there and not the bind port. Make sure your Tx is 3' from the Rx's as well. We will get it one way or another. Most times it's something that is easily over looked. Just walk away from it for a while and come back.

flysolo

Ok, I've had a nights sleep now, starting fresh. Gonna try everything you guys have suggested.

The last thing that happened last night was I removed the skids+bottom plate and stripped one of the screw heads :(

- - - Updated - - -

Just to make sure, the esc/bec should be connected to Throttle? The signal cable should be towards the sticker? Bind is the 3 pins close to the ground wires and not on the side where you would plug in an external rx(not used now)?

The power cycle for bind is: Tx off, Rx off, put in bind plug, power on Rx - now it should go into bind mode and be blinking?, then hold bind and power on tx?

flysolo

Correction, the bind plug should of course go under the pins that would be used for a separate Rx.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, It's amazing what a nights sleep and some nice advise from rc-help can do. I'm pretty sure I did the exact same thing(but obviosly not) about a hundred times last night.

Got both satellites it into bind mode and bound to my model!!

Thanks again guys, now its time to move on to setup! And try to find a replacement for the stripped screw so I can put the skids back on :)

Tony

Staff member
Are you sure you stripped out the head and not the allen driver it's self? Cheap drivers will round out causing this issue. I use Bolink for all of my drivers and I have NEVER had to replace a tip. And as you know, I build a lot lol. And before this, I raced cars and trucks for about 10 years with teh same set of tools. Well worth the expense.

And I'm glad you got the Sat's to bind. And I'm sure you will have a lot of questions on the setup lol. If you would though, can you make your own thread on teh subject? This was Adams thread and it's been over run lol. But it's all good with good info in it. Just trying to keep the forum clean and arranged.

flysolo

About the setup.. I can't run the disc that came with the heli but I found the downloads from the align site. Do I need a specific version for my 3gx or can I take the latest, I think it's 3.o and just run that?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, sorry. I posted before I read your response. Some forums seems to hate people who start new threads, thats why I posted in one about the t-rex 450. Sorry Adam!!

Tony

Staff member
We love new threads :D You will never hear us gripe about creating a new thread, ever.

And the 3GX only has a firmware of 2.1 that I"m aware of. I think the 3.0 is for the 3G gyro. You can install the 2.1, but you have to have your aileron servo on teh right side (when looking from the rear) and you MUST have 8º of pitch on your aileron and elevator. V1.2 is much easier to setup but is not as stable as 2.1 when you get your setup right. However 1.2 has basic settings that can get you in the air much faster. I would suggest the 1.2 first, learn the program and learn the heli, then move to 2.1.

Top Bottom