450 Align Trex 450 Pro v2 3gx

Adam

So i finally got everything for this heli to put all new gears in it to see if i can solve that noise you hear in the vids I also have my new cyclic servo to replace the bad one so a overhaul is in store for this one today. I have a blue main gear and a yellow antirotation gear so it should look pretty cool. Probably the hardest thing on this rebuild will be running the servo wire.

Bruno

So i finally got everything for this heli to put all new gears in it to see if i can solve that noise you hear in the vids I also have my new cyclic servo to replace the bad one so a overhaul is in store for this one today. I have a blue main gear and a yellow antirotation gear so it should look pretty cool. Probably the hardest thing on this rebuild will be running the servo wire.

Cool....can't wai to read your post updates and see some pics.

I have read many of your threads as I built my 450 PRO V2. Very Helpful. Many Thanks.

On another note, do you happen to know what the bundle wire mesh coverings are I have seen on some builds. Very cool how it hides and protects exterierior wires. What is that caled where can I purchase some?

Thanks and good luck with your build/Mods.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Cool....can't wai to read your post updates and see some pics.

I have read many of your threads as I built my 450 PRO V2. Very Helpful. Many Thanks.

On another note, do you happen to know what the bundle wire mesh coverings are I have seen on some builds. Very cool how it hides and protects exterierior wires. What is that caled where can I purchase some?

Thanks and good luck with your build/Mods.

It's called wire wrap! I get mine from my lhs.

Tony

Staff member
Cool deal Adam, take your time on that wiring. It took me about three hours to wire that helicopter and get everything nice and neat. The hardest is the two front servos to keep them away from the gear.

Bruno, you can get that wire wrap at many places. I purchase mine from a place called Spektra Wire, or something like that. I also get my heat shrink from them as well as all of my wires and connectors. I do agree it looks great (I have my computers wires lined with it) however I think it adds too much bulk to the wires on an aircraft to be practical.

Adam

and yes tony it is the cyclic pitch servo i get to replace but all tt gears and main with anti rotation will be out of is so it should be alright

Adam

Oh wow this project took me a little longer than i thought so i needed to replace a servo and route the wire which if everybody knows tonys wiring it is clean and a challeng. Right out of the gates two screws stripped and i replace them brand new when i take out lets just say im buying stainless. Replaced all gears including torque tube and i dont notice a change in sound will have to wait until maiden. Blue and yellow main and anti gear looks awesome. A new battery strap installed and lets say that bat is going nowhere. Now to setup and all my birds are serviced and fully operational til tomorrow
20120909_000137.jpg

20120909_000137.jpg

stokke

Good to see she's coming together again!
You deserve more flyin, and less reparin'. ;)

Adam

Thanks Marius i appriciate that. And here is some kudos to you i can really tell the difference of learning this hobby in you cause you slowly got into ccpm helis and it shows. I jumped right in and It hasnt really costed me but it has been fun. My HK450GT has like no crashes. I crashed this align just out of stupidity. Now i am waiting for no wind and this thing is going in the air today.

Adam

So its a little windy today but i went out by a school today to see if my rebuild and tuming was a succes. Yay this bird was so stable it was awesome. I still cant beleive how touchy the controls are on this heli but i am getting used to them. and my D/R Expo is at 100 +55 i dont think i want to go any higher than that lol.

stokke

Congrats on the successful flight, Adam!

If you are using the 2.1 3GX, I would advise to reduce the gain on Flip, and Roll rate. I reduced mine with 15 points from default. This tamed it down to manageable operation.

Adam

thank you for sharing that I'm sure that will work. I actually left watching the packers to program that in. yes it's that important to me

Adam

Ok so at halftime i decided to go outside and check this new setting. First i will state i took it down ten and you hit it right on the head i will go the full 15 unbelievable. I did bump the gyro up along with this setting or it was just because of the wind.

Adam

alright i thought 100 +45 was tame but 70 + 45 is tamer man i totally need to learn this

Tony

Staff member
The first number is your dual rate. That is the full throw of the servo. At 100 your servo has 100% travel. And at 70 it has 70% travel. The second number is your Expo. 0 means a very linear movement meaning the servo follows your stick input. When you start going positive, you get less movement when you start to move the sticks, but more at the end (hence exponential). And you will NEVER want to go to negative expo.

Set your DR switch position 0 with the 100 +55 and position 1 with 70 +35. This will give you two options when you are flying.

Adam

For some strange reason when i started i forgot what these settings meant. I appreciate the explanation cause it makes me realize alll the ins and outs i need to know.

stokke

There's also a few other parameters you could tweak in the 3GX to make it more docile, but I can't remember them right off the bat.

- - - Updated - - -

Just remembered, I have some screenshots of my "steady" settings on my vid thread.

Adam

Thanks i didnt even know you did this instead i searched through all of yours also lol Ya i almost copied you out of luck except the two you brought up yesterday thanks man. On a side not i ordered some stick upgrades for my DX6i and well wouldnt you know it they were machined too big i got a refund but where do i find the right size

Top Bottom