450 Align Trex 450 Plus Build

Seajays

i am now building this Heli instead of the EXI 450. i purchased a new bare bones heli less electronics. Now what to get for electronics, stock or better? Any suggestions would be appreciated. ( newbie )

murankar

Staff member
If your building align I would stick with align.

My sig has everything I am using right now. Although I have an exi it flies great for a beginner heli. Savox I hear makes the align servos. All of mine are metal geared and digital. My esc and motor pair just great. Other than that I have no further insights.

Seajays

This is a fairly new to the market flybar Heli that only comes as RTF. They do not come as a kit. I have a DX6i and was going to purchase the EXI 450. I found this new bare bones no electronics for $99 and thought it would be better for me tan the EXI450 kit.

stokke

Congrats on the new birdy, Seajays!

I would stick to Align on servos and motor, but not Align's ESC.
Go with Scorpion, Hyperion, Castle or any of the other known brands on the ESC.

Tony

Staff member
This is a fairly new to the market flybar Heli that only comes as RTF. They do not come as a kit. I have a DX6i and was going to purchase the EXI 450. I found this new bare bones no electronics for $99 and thought it would be better for me tan the EXI450 kit.

I have to disagree with this. You can get the Sport V2 in a kit, Super Combo Kit and RTF.

Good luck with the build. We are here to help every step of the way!

Seajays

Scorpion stuff looks very good, but maybe an over kill for me just starting out . Must be other good combinations.

Tony

Staff member
If your in the USA, then don't order from helipal. Their CS sucks and the shipping is very slow. Also, 4000kv is a little high for a 450 heli. I would stick with the 3400-3500kv motors. I highly suggest the Align 450MX with the Align 35a ESC. As stated, don't use the governor mode.

murankar

Staff member
Scorpion components are competition grade parts so they do cost a bit more than other leading brands. As far as a governor goes the Scorpion esc has one. IMO i don't think it is needed on electrics and it does need to be set up correctly or it will not work as expected.

Based on what I see on YouTube Scorpion products are truly the best money can buy.

Seajays

Ok, Align is what I will use. The ESC with " Governor Mode", do you have a choice to use this ESC in Governor Mode or not. Might be better for me to stick to stock as I am a newbie. I live in Canada

stokke

You don't have to use the GOV function.
When you get the Align ESC it's already set up to use throttle curves (which is set in your transmitter).

The GOV function is utilized by those who strive at getting a constant rotor RPM.
You will not be needing this to start out anyways.

murankar

Staff member
For the tail get an align ds520 or the metal geared equivalent.

I have a ds520 with plastic gears with extra gears. I don't know if I can locate all the servo arms but i do still have it set up for your application minus linkage ball.

I am not sure how much a lightly used servo sells for. I would sell it with the extra gears and it has been rebuilt once. I think I paid $39 US after shipping. I bought it brand new. Pm me with and offer or I will post a for sale add on it. I know there is one other member that is interested in it.
If anyone is interested just send me an offer.

Last edited:

john2012

Banned
hello john 2012 here im thinking about buying a t-rex 450 plus rtf heli and im woundering about the tx that is with this heli the t6 is this tx a good one or it the spetrium DX6i better to use

murankar

Staff member
The radio is Futaba, this is a great brand. The DX6i will work if you change the RX in the model. As far as the stock radio goes it should be more than enough to get you started.

Top Bottom