Micro Align Trex 150x

Matt

Any idea why the main rotor blades don’t spin? I power up my tx then power up the 150 and the ESC beeps but the main blades won’t spin.. I know that it’s because the ESC won’t initialize but how do I fix this? I’ve tried adding negative subtrim to the throttle.. I’ve tried firing it up in normal mode and hold mode.. can’t figure it out and would like to fly the heli.. think it might be something in the iPhone app I’m lost..

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
First thing double check connections. If the motor is seeing like it should then it should no be the issue.

I would check the esc for any kind of output power . You either have a bad motor or a bad esc.

Matt

You are absolutely right. I just checked the connections to the motor and one was disconnected. Cheap connections in my opinion..

Can I glue these or bend the connectors to keep them in the female part of the connection?

Matt

Yes. I plugged the motor in and it works now. Thanks

I’m going to shrink wrap the connectors. The fall apart when I crash..

Last edited:

Matt

I did a backflip with this 150X yesterday and this thing flips quick.. kind of like how this thing flys.. different from the k120 or k110.. scary how this fly but may be a lot or stable for a micro heli compared to other micro helis in its class.. got to fix it but this thing is quick..

I’ve learned don’t be afraid to fly with 100% d/r.. the worst thing that could happen is a crash.. the best thing that could happen is a snappy backflip.. sometimes it’s better to “take a chance”.. it’s better to have a cheap 6 channel heli and have a bunch of spare parts on hand then worrying about not making and progress.. anyway I’m happy with the progress I’ve been making.. major props to rc-help.. y’all have given me the guts to take a chance and progress the way I’d like to be.. my next steps are trying this stuff out on a “bigger “ heli..

#1 and the most important suggestion.. fly over grass..
#2 get a cheap 6 channel heli and a bunch of spare parts.. one not afraid to break.. like a Blade Nano CP or the like..
#3 don’t be afraid to try stuff out.. try it on the sim but don’t be afraid to try it IRL
#4 try it on something bigger..
#5 don’t give up..

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Congrats Matt on overcoming your fear of crashing. It's going to happen no matter what. Spare parts are a must especially when your making progress in learning to do tricks. For a bigger heli, just my :2c: I would suggest, enough of the little guys and get your self a 450. You will notice that it's easier to handle and a lot more stable to fly. You will have to break the barrier of fear again but once you do, just like your 150x, you'll get the hang of it and enjoy flying very much. Keep on practicing on sim and flying in IRL but most of all, just have fun! :yahoo:

Matt

Tail in hover is important.. forward flight is important and hovering in all orientations.. it helps to know these and all the basics Incase I need to “bail” myself out when trying 3D

I’m working on my 250 today..

I need to organize my heli stuff too, I’ve got quite a mess of heli parts and tools..

Doing it on the sim is important too.. that’s how I learned forward flight.. I spent a couple hours doing forward flight on the sim then tried it with my 150

Always good to have multiple helis.. when ones out of commission there is always a backup

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
If you have a hard time controlling it with fine adjustments, you can add some expo to help soften up the sticks. You will still have full travel, just not as sensitive on the sticks at the neutral position.

Matt

Does Parameter Menu B work in the Microbeast? I’ve got it set to TX Mode but I’ve got 100% dual rates set in my TX and the heli isn’t responding the way I think it should.

Matt

With 100% travel and 100% dual rate I should be able to flip quick, right? Anything over 70% dual rate the heli should flip and roll no problem, right? I’m thinking it’s something in the Microbeast. I’m thinking of setting the control style to pro or extreme and compare..

Tony

Staff member
Are we still talking about the 150x here? I don't know of a BX in those helicopters.

Matt

I’m talking about my 250 now.. I flipped my 150 in expert mode and it flipped basically in the same space.. I assumed the 250 would flip quick too with the right d/r and travel.. I’m going to try it again today.. in the sim I can flip a synergy in basically the same space.. can’t think why the 250 doesn’t flip..

This stuff can be wicked frustrating but I appreciate the help and have made a ton of progress

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Some FBL units have an actual setting called flip and roll rates. This setting is a degrees per second value.

On a Vbar (any Vbar) it's called agility and style. The agility is the speed in which it will flip and roll; while the style adjusts the "snappiness " of said flip and roll.

Don't confuse sim settings with real life settings. They are two different things. Something else to consider if your using your sim as a trainer. Get one model in the sim dialed in to feel like your real heli. Get a friend to help you. Use a metronome app to time your piro rate. Every time you hit tail in you should hear a tick of the metronome. Just adjust the metronome to match.

With that value go to your sim and do the same thing. But this time adjust the piro speed to match the ticking.

Once that's done you can dial in your flip and roll rates. With a tuned sim model you can really progress.

Hopefully tony is able to get you in the right direction with your 250.

Matt

I’m working on my 250 today. My 150X is out of commission due to needing a main gear. As far as the 250 goes I would expect it to flip quicker than it does. I had it set to tx mode in the Microbeast and had 100% d/r and travel. I’m assuming the roll rate would be quick because the d/r and travel wasn’t hindering the servos. Possibly I need to go through the Microbeast settings again, specifically the swashplate servo throw setting? Possibly I didn’t set this right the first time? I would expect the servos to travel more then they do when I move the elevator stick to its extents.

Matt

I think I found the issue with this. I had to go through the Microbeast setup again, specifically parameter j and l. I think now I’ve got this Microbeast setup as it should be..

Last edited:
Top Bottom