Micro Align Trex 150 Tail Movement

Graham Lawrie

I am getting ready to fly my 150, but the tail seems only to respond to one stick movement.

My question: when moving the rudder left and right should the movement be the same in both directions? I appear to have more power in one direction only. I reversed it on the TX and it was the same?

Not sure if that's the way it should be?

damhdearg

Is it more powerful nose left tail right? Did you get it spooled up all the way to nearly lift off and try or would it not hold that far?

EyeStation

Did you get it up to full head speed to lift off? I remember seeing these spinning like a top till the head speed caught up to the tail. I always counter rudder during takeoff. May want to change your throttle curve to be near 50% throttle at the 25% stick position and level out your curve above that.
Or being that you say powerful Nose Right, may mean too aggressive a throttle curve.
Man that thing has to go airborne soon!!!

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
because this is a motorized tail, you will have more power one way than the other. This is because the head is going to help it turn CCW just by drag. Keep us updated on how it flies. Just found one on sale through our site sponsor and it comes with the micro heli swash and DFC arms.

Top Bottom