Micro Align Trex 150 DFC Maiden..........

Graham Lawrie

..............well nearly:(

Cameron came round to assist me as he has his in the air:) It flipped due to my TX settings and barely touched the ground and caused a superficial bend(which easily straightened on the tail boom:)

The interesting thing in the pre-flight checks, Cameron noticed that the main gear was bent(slight wobble but at full speed ok).

I spent a bit of time on it later, but initially it kept wanting to go tail left.

I have since searched for answers for this and I think like any small heli it is the vibration caused by the bent main gear that is causing the spin??

Anyone know of the same thing happening to anyone else.

Oh and:voidh:

EyeStation

Hey there Graham, I think I read somewhere here that you can manipulate that main gear with your fingers to straighten it out.
The spin, as Gaba pointed out is usually from the tail trying to compensate for a head that is not yet up to speed.
I have noticed poor takeoffs due to a slight bend in my main rotor shaft, and also to landing gear that is not firmly attached to the frame. Once to a main rotor blade being too tight.
I have not had any problems once it left the ground. It seems to stabilize quite efficiently. Other things that have brought upon more vibes were the servo, battery and Sat cables. The servo cables were too tight to the canopy pin that they were transferring frame vibes. The battery and sat wires were doing the same against the canopy. Softer battery leads and finding the loops of extra servo wire tucked in the end cap of the servo cleared this up.
Yesterday I started to notice a blade tracking problem, you will know it by the tone of the main blades. This was caused by one of the DFC ball links on the swash had some lateral play. The plastic strips easily, so a drop of CA was used to hold the ball in place. Once cured I was able to put the link back on and get it up with the sweet sound of clean air.
Thanks to your link, I have purchased the Lynx swash with dampeners. That should be in later this week. I am a little hesitant about this mod, as I feel the swash has been absorbing the energy of bad flying. With a sturdy swash, I feel I will be tearing into the main shaft on these hits.

Let us know if you are still spinning!

Graham Lawrie

Hi Eyestation, Due to a flu virus, work, charger project, weather, family commitments, I have yet to fly mine in earnest:(

I have still to straighten the main gear, and I am really cheesed off with Align and the upgrades:(

Maybe this Sunday? ??

Lee

I got to see one in the flesh on Thursday. Its was in our LHS, a returned model from a customer that wasn't satisfied with it.
I hope yours fairs better Graham, but I think Align have screwed up what could and should have been an awesome model.
They have had a long time to perfect this model, but it seems like they have gone the customer beta testing option like other Micro heli companies did.

Graham Lawrie

I agree Lee:(

Align have dropped MASSIVELY in my estimation. The videos made me and I guess most people want one.

Cameron loves his, and when I get round to mine I am sure I will be the same.
It just reeks of mass produced in a rush. The upgrades really eat away at me. They are NOT UPGRADES. Just corrections that should be standard.
I am interested to see if this impacts on sales.
Hind sight, I would rather have pumped my money into something bigger. Now I find myself caught in the upgrade or sell dilemma:)

EyeStation

I don't think the main gear is causing your spin. Watch mine and see if your wobble in the gear is as bad as mine. It don't cause mine to spin out due to vibrations though.
[video=youtube_share;AkTZvWOEtoA]http://youtu.be/AkTZvWOEtoA[/video]

Graham Lawrie

Hi Dave, Thanks for that:) Your gear looks like mine:) must be part of the design:) or lack of it LOL.

That was brilliant. And I think you are right. It must be my set up or bad flying:)

Nice hovering and "H":)

Last edited:

Lee

It just reeks of mass produced in a rush. The upgrades really eat away at me. They are NOT UPGRADES. Just corrections that should be standard.
I am interested to see if this impacts on sales

Thats what i don't like about Align. They bring out these V2 or V3 models. All they really are, are corrections to the mistakes in the first one.
Compass are a brand that has my vote after buying the Warp.
It had its teething problems with the motor and a few other parts. But instead of customers being left to there own devices and upgrading themselves, waiting for a V2 model, Compass produced the new "upgraded" parts and shipped them out free to all there customers. Thats service :)

Graham Lawrie

Tried to spool up and my tail is wanting to go clockwise all the time:( I am compensating on the stick but it just seems too much:(

When off the ground it wants to go left:( So compensating right all the time:(

Graham Lawrie

At last:)

Managed to get an hour or so on my 150 today:) Nothing was right. She kept wanting to rotate clockwise and nothing I did made a difference:(

Back to basics:) set both pots at zero and re-programmed everything on the MRS. Roll rate pot at 8 0, clock position. Gain pot at 1 0,clock position.

She is sweet for a novice micro guy like me:)

Video to follow next dry day:)..............which this year in Scotland will be a Tuesday:)

Graham Lawrie

CHEESED OFF BIG TIME:(
Got my 150 out to fly, all set up last time:) Battery in and it started spinning clockwise again:(
At slow speed I would swear the shaft is bent:(

I have barely flew this and already I am looking at new parts:(

One more attempt this weekend and if it don't work Ebay here she goes:)

Top Bottom