600 Align t-rex 600 esp repair and dfc upgrade & 3gx

canongraphy

where did you get your booya mounts?

lol Hey westy Gaba just posted the address before I could even copy and paste it you rock Gaba! :)
oh and Westy I got the screwin ones and posted the link in a thread here of the exact ones I got and they are perfect on the 600, you just need 2 bolts to attach them as the esp had screws for the stock plastic mounts.
I used the M3 8mm I had here but says you need 2 M3 x 10 SHCS mine work fine since I have these from my broken parts.
The push mounts would be fine too, I just decided to try the screw in and they are great.
Gabas link said they were out but my link is in the first post of this thread and I mention which I bought.

Westy, the site is out until the 15th of this month, but there is many places that sell them, maybe do a search in your area for booya mount and hopefully that would save you extreme shipping costs. Just an idea.

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
Well ... I would be interested .... if they weren't just trying to simply Rip me off!!!!!! Freight to NZ is more than the item!

What a BL@#DY Joke! -
Item total:$21.99
Shipping and handling Shipping and handling: (to ) $23.95
Estimate shipping and tax
Total:$45.94 USD

i will just get my buddy in USA to get and send to me .... will cost $6.00USD

Last edited:

canongraphy

ok guys I have the DFC head installed and all the gears replaced, just need to buy the entire tail and decide what FBL system I am gonna get and the 600 will be back together.
I am still planning to get a 450 to fly until I get good enough that I won't crash the 600.
none are cheap to rebuild but the 450 is cheaper.
I have attached a pic of the DFC head, I am not really happy with the gap between the grips and the head, The brass spacers is what came off my ESP head, and without those there is too much slop to tighten it all together.
They are thick so the space makes a thicker gap, but everything is tight and no slop, I'm just not really happy with the look. Everything I have seen shows thin spacers, but I ordered a new feathering shaft and its the same size as my original. Maybe its fine just looks odd to me. And I don't see this on Westy's bird so what gives? Should or how can I change this? I would have to have a shorter feathering shaft...

IMG_0023.JPGIMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
Hi There Canon!

I found the same issue and solved it as follows.

You will find in the DFC kit .... 2 x silver spacers (0.82mm)...... you put one spacer on each blade grip before you fit the thrust assemblies!

Hope that makes sense! once you have done that you will have PERFECT end float !!!

Hope that helps!

It shows you them here ....

I was confused .... because I thought the spacers shown below .... went on the shaft .... but nope ..... they a spacers for spacing out the thrust packs on the blade grips!

h50181_f3_en.jpg

h50181_f3_en.jpg

Last edited:

canongraphy

Hi There Canon!

I found the same issue and solved it as follows.

You will find in the DFC kit .... 2 x silver spacers (0.82mm)...... you put one spacer on each blade grip before you fit the thrust assemblies!

Hope that makes sense! once you have done that you will have PERFECT end float !!!

Hope that helps!

Dude! you were suppose to make the video's before I did this but what...you slacking off? LOL
I know what your saying I think.. but the gap will still be there, I have taken it apart like 15 times and have the parts where they go but without putting the brass spacers in, its sloppy.
Maybe you will tear yours apart and show me! haha just kidding. I will try again, the manual shows the spacer between the grp and head, and that's where I put the brass spacer as it was on the old head.
And I won't be selling my old head because I had to strip parts it to even do it. This should have been quick and easy.

Westy

LEGEND
I lost the vids!!!! - CAmera packed up .... and I formatted it .... now I know what I lost .... those DFC tutorial Vids! - Sorry!

You need to use the original brass spacers ...... but insert those silver packers .... before you put the inner thrust bearing back in.

canongraphy

I lost the vids!!!! - CAmera packed up .... and I formatted it .... now I know what I lost .... those DFC tutorial Vids! - Sorry!

You need to use the original brass spacers ...... but insert those silver packers .... before you put the inner thrust bearing back in.

so where do the brass spacers go? inside the grip before I put the thrust bearings in? seems like too much thickness but will try that if its what you mean.
As far as the directions show I have it exactly like that but instead of the thin spacers between the grip and head I had to use the thick brass. otherwise the shaft is too long.
I have no slop or movement, just a wider gap the thickness of the brass spacers. it works great, just doesn't seem right to me, looks half assed to me if you get me.

Sorry about the vids! man that sucks big time, all that work for nothing huh?

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
Re: Align t-rex 600 esp repair and dfc upgrade & 3gx

nope..... the brass ones go between the blade grip and the damper on the head block one on each side

- - - Updated - - -

I can go and rip mine apart and show you in a quick vid if you like!?? Let me know

canongraphy

nope..... the brass ones go between the blade grip and the damper on the head block one on each side

- - - Updated - - -

I can go and rip mine apart and show you in a quick vid if you like!?? Let me know

Westy that's how I have mine now, on the outside between grip and head block, see my pic, seems wider gap than you have, maybe because the brass spacers are not as tall?
so mine is correct
I just looked at another heli online and they have the brass spacer just as I do, so guess everything is fine, just looks goofy to me.
All good!

Last edited:

canongraphy

I purchased a complete tail unit that is suppose to be the new style replacement for 80 bucks complete
here are a few pics. Just need complete boom etc and rudder servo and FBL and its done. Gonna be awhile yet but I'm in no hurry.
I have the 450 now that I will fly until I get more experienced.
The tail blades I can't use, I guess because they are for a 550 but the parts separately would have been much more so I grabbed this.

$(KGrHqVHJFQFDy)2F!scBQ-iQWfqjQ~~60_57.jpg$(KGrHqYOKocFDwEk(PU-BQ-iPzBUyQ~~60_57.jpg$(KGrHqZHJEUFD)1sOfZLBQ-iPoGO-w~~60_57.jpg$T2eC16dHJHYE9nzpfIpYBQ-iQI27eg~~60_57.jpg$T2eC16hHJF0E9nmFTMTuBQ-iQsmqGw~~60_57.jpg$T2eC16NHJGYE9noohZuwBQ-iPdI1,Q~~60_57.jpg$T2eC16VHJF8E9nnC7N5zBQ-iQgi6CQ~~60_57.jpg$T2eC16ZHJG!E9nm3q9,wBQ-iP9pMHw~~60_57.jpg

$(KGrHqVHJFQFDy)2F!scBQ-iQWfqjQ~~60_57.jpg

$(KGrHqYOKocFDwEk(PU-BQ-iPzBUyQ~~60_57.jpg

$(KGrHqZHJEUFD)1sOfZLBQ-iPoGO-w~~60_57.jpg

$T2eC16dHJHYE9nzpfIpYBQ-iQI27eg~~60_57.jpg

$T2eC16hHJF0E9nmFTMTuBQ-iQsmqGw~~60_57.jpg

$T2eC16NHJGYE9noohZuwBQ-iPdI1,Q~~60_57.jpg

$T2eC16VHJF8E9nnC7N5zBQ-iQgi6CQ~~60_57.jpg

$T2eC16ZHJG!E9nm3q9,wBQ-iP9pMHw~~60_57.jpg

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
That it one nice looking Tail assembly!!!! I see the nice new style bell crank shown in picture 2 is a lot different from the alloy upgrade one I got! and that is a good solid looking slider bearing assembly! Awesome!

Tony

Staff member
DUDE!!! Send that sucker to me, I NEED IT lmao. I have the old version on the 600 that doesn't have the pin, and I want that double slider that is MUCH more smooth than the one that I have. I have wanted this tail block since I received the RCH 600 and started working on it and looking up parts. That and the DFC head lmao. Congrats!

Adam

Ya that is the same as i got on the DFC 450 I loved tearing it down lots of bolts lol But man does that thing operate smooth as silk you will like it.

canongraphy

That it one nice looking Tail assembly!!!! I see the nice new style bell crank shown in picture 2 is a lot different from the alloy upgrade one I got! and that is a good solid looking slider bearing assembly! Awesome!
Thanks Westy! yep been hunting parts to do this ever since I crashed it, this ends up even better and cheaper and its sexy!

DUDE!!! Send that sucker to me, I NEED IT lmao. I have the old version on the 600 that doesn't have the pin, and I want that double slider that is MUCH more smooth than the one that I have. I have wanted this tail block since I received the RCH 600 and started working on it and looking up parts. That and the DFC head lmao. Congrats!
Tony bro...you're cool and all but..NO LMAO hey I got it from a California dealer on ebay new from a 550 kit pull, will fit 600 too. theres another on there another seller has for 115.00. made it very easy to jump on as I could find some parts but not everything. And I wanted the upgrade grips on it. So cool!
The only thing wrong with my old one is the umbrella gear bent from the crash and it has a lot of plastic I wanted gone.

Ya that is the same as i got on the DFC 450 I loved tearing it down lots of bolts lol But man does that thing operate smooth as silk you will like it.

Adam I will upgrade my 450 too at some point like yours if its like this one. Looks like it would be smooth, mine is the ugly black like the 600 had lol

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, there are a lot of people stripping the 550's and making some cash. There is a DFC kit (or was) complete from main shaft, to swash, to head to grips to the button on top for $160. Killer deal but I didn't "need" it so I had to pass lmao. Same with this tail block, Want it, but the heli is flying so don't "need" it.

stokke

Beefy slider assembly - I like it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom