600 Align t-rex 600 esp repair and dfc upgrade & 3gx

canongraphy

As far as damage, tail boom torque tube, tail blades, everything on the boom has to be replaced. All the gears just about everywhere were stripped. The canopy will fly again with some tape here and there. Just a few small cracks, will eventually replace it but for now it looks good still. The smaller electronics battery took a hit and bent it so its been destroyed.
Not at all as bad as I first thought but still expensive enough. At least its reparable, just need to throw $$ at it LOL
I started ordering parts to fix my partially destroyed 600
I had planned on upgrading to DFC at some point and with the damage done it looks like the time to do it. Heck maybe it will fit in my 600 bag when I am done. It barely fits in the 700 bag now.
Since I am in no hurry and can't afford to do it all at once, I will order what I can when I can and eventually have it all done.
Besides the DFC upgrade I am going to put 3GX on and replace the futaba rudder servo with an Align one.
Also I am going to upgrade the tail blade holders and unit to the metal. Still have to research this stuff.
The complete boom, torque tube all was destroyed so at some point I will order everything to replace the complete tail.
Also will order main blades, tail blades, etc at a later date.

This is my Phase 1 order I placed yesterday from Ron's Heliproz South in Texas, great people to buy from and Ron is a super nice guy.

HN6064BA - THIRD GENERATION MAIN GEAR CASE SET BLACK $20.23

H60020A - THIRD GENERATION 170T MOD 1.0 AUTOROTATION TAIL DRIVE GEAR SET $8.79

H60121 - 40T MOD 1.0 TORQUE TUBE FRONT GEAR SET/600 $10.55

H60006 - FEATHERING SHAFT 2 PCS 600N 600E $6.15

H60247 - 600DFC MAIN SHAFT ESP $15.29

H60248 - 600DFC CCPM METAL SWASHPLATE $36.89

H60239A - 600DFC MAIN ROTOR HEAD UPGRADE SET $61.59

H60019A - MAIN DRIVE GEAR 170T 550E 600E 600N $12.31

H60204 - METAL MAIN ROTOR HOLDER 600PRO 550V2 $35.19

total so far $206.99

I also ordered Booya 600 Electric EXTREME Canopy Mount w/AVT™ from here

http://www.rcbooya.com/align-600-series.html

look pretty nice and I prefer the screw in I think, so will give these a try.
if not the push in would definitely work, just didn't want to buy both.

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
Just an Idea ..... Perhaps .... it might be cost effective to just buy a new non combo 600 (even a V2 - prior to DFC) and throw in all your electronics .... might be cheaper and you get the 3GX and part out what is salvagable ...

I have a complete 600 ESP head if you want it ..... has all new thrusts and shafts ...... with Carbon Fibre Paddles on the Flybar.

let me know if you want it...... I can strip it down to flat pack...... let me know.

That will leave the tail and main gears and you should be up and running again.
Cheers

canongraphy

You will love both dfc and rcbooya mounts! They are worth it !

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Thanks Gaba! yea I think so too, by the way you haven't replied to my post about what gyro I should get for my 600, please do!

Just an Idea ..... Perhaps .... it might be cost effective to just buy a new non combo 600 (even a V2 - prior to DFC) and throw in all your electronics .... might be cheaper and you get the 3GX and part out what is salvagable ...

I have a complete 600 ESP head if you want it ..... has all new thrusts and shafts ...... with Carbon Fibre Paddles on the Flybar.

let me know if you want it...... I can strip it down to flat pack...... let me know.

That will leave the tail and main gears and you should be up and running again.
Cheers

Thanks Westy but as you see above in my post bud I already ordered the DFC head and parts to fix it, figured I would change it now as I was going to sometime anyway.

The big expense I think is that I will need the complete tail, boom all parts and want to upgrade the tail blades to be like the main blade grips on the DFC
so I am doing it in stages.

And I will have a flybar kit to sell also now lol mine has the carbon fiber paddles on it too, but I think the main shaft is bent slightly, so will replace that if anyone is ever interested in it.

And Westy like you I have found the ESP to be a unique model when it comes to parts no doubt. And yes I have the correct shaft on order for mine ;P
Get your video done on the DFC swap please so I have a reference! hahaha Thanks!

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Thanks Gaba! yea I think so too, by the way you haven't replied to my post about what gyro I should get for my 600, please do!

Thanks Westy but as you see above in my post bud I already ordered the DFC head and parts to fix it, figured I would change it now as I was going to sometime anyway.

The big expense I think is that I will need the complete tail, boom all parts and want to upgrade the tail blades to be like the main blade grips on the DFC
so I am doing it in stages.

And I will have a flybar kit to sell also now lol mine has the carbon fiber paddles on it too, but I think the main shaft is bent slightly, so will replace that if anyone is ever interested in it.

And Westy like you I have found the ESP to be a unique model when it comes to parts no doubt. And yes I have the correct shaft on order for mine ;P
Get your video done on the DFC swap please so I have a reference! hahaha Thanks!

Which one...? Crap lol
Lead me there :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

canongraphy

IMG_0012.JPGIMG_0013.JPGIMG_0014.JPGIMG_0015.JPGIMG_0016.JPGIMG_0017.JPGIMG_0018.JPG

sweet ty!
and I attached a few pics of my original, the torque tube rear gear metal shaft is bent as you maybe can see in the pics, a good time to upgrade
and as I said the tail grips are gonna change too.

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
Correction ... I don't have one of those ...... I have the original I did not know they made them! they look nice! I have upgraded my bell crank to full Alloy ..... waiting for the Tail blade grips to give me greif and I will upgrade then to a Goblin! haha

Done a Short Vid Anyways .... with my Maverick Blades, FULL DFC HEAD And KBDD tail BLADES

canongraphy

Correction ... I don't have one of those ...... I have the original I did not know they made them! they look nice! I have upgraded my bell crank to full Alloy ..... waiting for the Tail blade grips to give me greif and I will upgrade then to a Goblin! haha

Done a Short Vid Anyways .... with my Maverick Blades, FULL DFC HEAD And KBDD tail BLADES

don't see a vid anywhere bud but I did watch your under 2 minutes dir setup lol
and yea I HAD KBDD tail blades, have to replace them too :)

canongraphy

Thanks Westy, hey whats up with that rudder control rod, mine was just a bare wire with links on the end. Did yours come like that or what is it, would love to have it on mine, or did you make it? looks sweet and beefy

Westy

LEGEND
Carbon Fibre one! I did have to shorten it a little and re - resin it ..... works like a charm.

This is what I got.....

I unscrewed the linkage at one end, cut the CF with a die grinder and resined it back in at the correct lenght

Align T Rex 600 Carbon Tail Control Rod Assembly H60221 New | eBay

Although if you are in the US .... there is a guy Selling the right length for $15.00 each ..... he is on some of the other forums.... just google Trex 600 ESP carbon Fibre Tail Control Rod Assembly

Last edited:

canongraphy

My first order of replacement parts have arrived and that DFC head is sweet!
Already mounted the new Booya mounts and they are fantastic, I will never use stock mounts again, love the screw in mounts!

Top Bottom