450 Align ds410m chatter

pj1969

Well after the first rebuild and stripping the HI TEC servo's on my bird,I have just put some new ds 410m servo's in and set up my Tarot zyx s with laptop, but on testing her, i've noticed some chattering the pitch servo (front right) and its causing server wobble and sending her all over the place. I have tried changing the gears and pins to see if that does any better, but still the same. The other servo's are all fine, do they have a slight bit of play in them with out any power? or should they all be solid and play free??? Is there a fix? as i've just stripped and rebuilt her as had problems along the way. Any help would be great

Tony

Staff member
The pitch servo needs to be on the left front (looking from the tail). This is how the helicopter knows what servo is what. There is a visual diagram in the 3GX software for a visual reference.

As for the servo ,They will make noise, but they should not move when there is no stick input. You state these were new, if so, then you need to send it back and get a replacement. Because the "fix" for this issue will void the warranty.

pj1969

Thanks Tony, i wrote all the servo config down before she was stripped, maybe i followed a wire wrong. I will have a look see if i can find a diagram. Just cleaned inside the servo to see if that sorted it, but alas it didnt, so changed the servo out and put one that used to be in her to test. Chatter gone, but seems to pitch forward or backs ward at the slightest touch of stick. could that be dr/expo??? am i right in thinking - is more responsive and + slower???? is it ok to mix servo makes??? they are all digtal and i've gone through the programe and set her up again.

Tony

Staff member
You should keep the same servos on the cyclic. They will all have a different dead band, and different speeds which will cause massive issues in the air, and for the gyro. I urge you to order another servo like you have, or better yet, upgrade to the DS415's.

And yes, if you are using a Spektrum Tx, negative expo is BAD! Always use positive expo to slow down the beginning stick movements. But, the issue you are talking about having now, with servo creep I"m sure is caused by different makes of servos on teh cyclic.

pj1969

Cheers mate, already ordered a new 410 as I only just changed to these from the HITEC hb-65's, which I wish I had stayed with now lol. I haven't fitted the hitec in with the align, just tested to see if it was the gyro signal etc.

Top Bottom