Align 700e V2 gets some air finally!! Yaay!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
700e V2 maidened!!! - YouTube

Ok so here is my full setup:

700e V2 frame with kde motor mount and metal nose upgrade.

RC booya canopy mounts. (Needed for this size)
"Hardened" align tt gears

V2 tail grips (align upgrade.. Non stock)

Edge-713mm main blades, and I think 105 edge tails

Align ds610 cyclic metal horns, and futaba 9256 tail.

MSH Brain running without auto level and with governor and 2 JR DSMX satellites hooked to it

Castle ESC ICE2HV 160.
YGE cap pack -7 for esr reduction (battery wires are more that 12inches in length... Smoothens the ripple)

Scorpion 4035-560KV motor with slant gear 12 tooth pinion. (Main gear is also hardened align 112t)

Hyperion 3800mah Life reciever pack

Batteries used in this flight: 5200 12s spyder pack (2x6s) with all EC5 connectors

What did I think of it:

It's a beauty! Just love how it just hangs. Definitely heavy!! Very heavy and I feel it in the air too. Gotta get my CoG right... It was definitely tail heavy.

The msh brain system is genius! I didn't need to tweak anything on cyclic. It's like it knew how much gain and all I need. Just awesome. Tail gain needed to be brought down.

Governor and esc aren't getting alone well enough yet. The esc I think take over soft start and then when it does go away governor applies all its force to bump the throttle up and then wags down slow. Have some issue of hunting at 1800 rpm normal mode.

In 1900 rpm mode, the governor hunts less

And 2100 idle up2 ... It's a beauty.. No hunting.. Just pure plain flying. Will have to reprogram a couple settings in the esc and make sure all is good in the governor. :)

But that's it!!! :) it was an amazing flight! So quiet .. With the helical gear system.. Blades are loud but power train is very quiet.

Forgot to take esc and motor temps after the flight but next time... :)

Forgot to turn the timer on stick sense on this model, so fist 2 minutes were times then, I Donno lol .. So that too next time. Lol

Hope y'all enjoy it. Got questions? Ask away!!! :)

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
What, that's it? No explanation, nothing? Just throw the video up there and we had better be happy huh?

Okay, we are happy. Finally happy to see you in the air with your $125 Align 700 lmao. Congrats bro.

Adam

Dude great job that thing is wonderful. And man your skills are getting better and better. That thing really looks dialed in I think that brain is better than a 3gx by the look of that video.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Dude great job that thing is wonderful. And man your skills are getting better and better. That thing really looks dialed in I think that brain is better than a 3gx by the look of that video.

Thanks man .. :)

I was actually extremely rusty today. Hadn't flown for over 2 months and was having real difficulty keeping my eyes and hands sync'ed.. And I was scared to death. Lol

And I had had a crash right before this... (Video coming soon)... Lol

Two more flights after this and I was done thinking "man I need more sim time again" lol

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Lee

Nice one Gaba,
The IKON is so good, i'm thinking to sell me AR 7200 BX on my 600 and replace it with another IKON.
Not sure from the sound, but may be the gov is a little too sensative. I thought i could hear it hunting. Maybe its the video sound.
Well done dude. I need to catch up and get a 700 now :D

Westy

LEGEND
Gaba...... that is one Beautiful machine .... sound sweet..... and it just eats up hte air at near idle speeds ... wonder what it can do at full pace ... .bet it would be hard to keep your eye on! nice job!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Nice one Gaba,
The IKON is so good, i'm thinking to sell me AR 7200 BX on my 600 and replace it with another IKON.
Not sure from the sound, but may be the gov is a little too sensative. I thought i could hear it hunting. Maybe its the video sound.
Well done dude. I need to catch up and get a 700 now :D

Hey Lee!

I am actually looking into this issue, and multiple sources have told me that, first before going to the Governor gain I need to make a common ground for my Sensor.. As my Sensro is being powered and is taking readings in reference to RX pack ground (powering my BRAIN) , and sensor is picking phase from the motor which is a totally seperate suystem being run on 12S packs, and a seperate ground. So the sensor doesnt have an absolute reference .. thus causing some hunting issues.

I'll start there, and then see how it does.. if not, I will then lower the governor gain. I know I saw some tail hunt there.. very small.. very little, but it could very well be the governor hunting. So I am going to update everyonw with what I find out :)

Top Bottom