700 Align 700E 3gx Thrust Bearing Removal

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Gentlemen, I am building my first 700 ever. When I got to assembling the head, I found myself struggling with removing the thrust bearings. I tried tapping the head on the bench and prying them out with a metal pick. They just wouldn't come out. The unit is apparently pre-assembled at the factory.

I suppose I could throw the head into the oven and let it bake with the frozen pizza for a few minutes. Are there any other ways to remove these suckers a bit more easily?

Tony

Staff member
I have always pushed them with an allen driver from the other side. Tapping them on the table doesn't work for me lol. And yes, you can put it in the oven with your pizza to help get rid of the thread lock that may be holding the washer in place. More than likely though, it's just a pressed fit that his holding it. And again, the oven will help this issue.

Westy

LEGEND
haha .... you would have Heli's Pizza .... get it ... HELLS PIZZA? (It is a New Zealand Pizza franchise!!)

LMAO

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Well

Is this a new kit? Regardless ... You'll need a feathering shaft ... A sacrificial a one. If it just isn't coming out with tapping from te back end ... The best way is to screw in the feathering shaft with the big screw in again and use that to slowly tap the whole thing out .. See what I am saying. It's gotta come out at that.
Why I say sacrificial.... I would check the feathering shaft extremely cautiously after this and preferably get a new one and keep this one for tapping these out later if it happens.

Hope it helps

They aren't supposed to be that tight. Mine slide out themselves when I out the head grip upside down on its face. On both grips

Use blue loctite only... Clean the screws with alcohol thoroughly before installing them back with loctite :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Top Bottom