General Align 550e help

cyco_heli

OK now LMAO
My pitch is good high low and center .
With a pitch gauge I noticed my right stick far right and far left ROLL one is more than the other .
How do I get this even and what are they suppose to be set at ? It's like +9 left and -8.6 right .
There are suppose to be like 6-7 right and even on both so what links or setting do I set to get it there ?
Also I don't know what all the stick movements are called . Throttle up and down Collective ? and the stick on the right
right left and up and down .lol

Tony

Staff member
Your right stick is called the cyclic. The cyclic controls the aileron (right and left) and elevator (up and down). The throttle stick is your collective.

And a .4º difference is not that much. Not anything you are going to notice anyway.

cyco_heli

I will try that Tony ty .
8 wont be to much and bog it ?

Well I took my Heli out today .( Before I seen Tony's post )
Nice day 38 out and so I took my heli to check it out .
SCARED as hell it wasn't right and going to flip or something but it went into a nice hover about 4'
off the ground for a few just to get a feel .
After a scared few minute's I got it up to eye level and checked the tracking and it looked good .
Went into IU and as soon it went into it the tail jerked to the left ( TAIL IN HOVER ) and I noticed when I popped the throttle
Climb out's the tail jumped to the left but only under hard load's .
Does this mean the tail locking isn't working or my gain on my gyro is to low ?
No wag so I am thinking its the Gain on the gyro needs to be higher .
Noticed it had a small drift forward and to the right with almost no wind .

Any idea's guy's ?
Wanted to get a video but my girl was fixing dinner and couldn't come to do it lol
Also what should my charger show when the Battery is fully charged and the lowest to drain it to during flight ?
I have a cheap Common Sense 6s charger and a Align 22.2 6s 5200mah high power 40c

murankar

Staff member
If this is 3gx 4.0 the the tail is going to jump. How to fix I have no idea. I dont fly 3gx.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Yes, 8 is perfect for the 3GX.

your tail sounds like there is too much precompensation in the gyro. If the tail is kicking out to the LEFT, then it's anticipating the torque too much. Go into the flight mode and on teh tail, set them all to factory specs. Also, make sure you have REVO Mix OFF in your Tx.

As for batteries, full charge is 4.2 volts per cell. Lowest you should go is 3.7 volts per cell.

Tony

Staff member
Crap, that is twice in this thread that I have done this lmao.

I think most of the issues is that gyro. I would highly suggest updating to something like the GP790.

Even still though, make sure you don't have REVO Mix turned on in your Tx.

cyco_heli

whats Revo mix im new to this remember lol
where do I go to check it in my TX ?

whats the Difference between them, GP900 and the GP790
ill go do some reading on them .

Tony

Staff member
REVO mix should be it's own menu in the Tx. It was created for Rate mode gyros to anticipate the torque of adding collective to the helicopter. It's not needed in a heading hold gyro. I just wish I knew more about the 900, but you are the first one that I have heard with one.

Derek

Here is the manual for the GP900 gyro. It looks very similar to my GP780 that I have on my 500 "flybarred"

cml001

Not forgot'n bud, sounds like gain yes... If it's wag'n ur too high, if it's give'n way it's too low.. So yeah adjust gain accordingly in small increments until u find the "spot".

- - - Updated - - -

Ur gain value can be different from normal than in idle up as well.. As the head speed is higher.. So check both in ur transmitter gyro menu

cyco_heli

hey ty for the input .
Normal is 65% stunt is 53% hold is 75%
OK why is Normal higher than stunt ? in my mind I think stunt should be higher because of the higher HS
also why is there any on HOLD and so high ?

murankar

Staff member
One thing I can think of is the at higher head speeds the tail spins faster and has better holding and needs less gain. On lower head speeds the tail has less holding power so it needs a higher gain to hold the tail.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
With the head spinning faster, it reacts faster and thus requires less gain to kep the helicopter stable. If you put in the same gain in normal as you do IU, you will get a wicked shake in IU.

Top Bottom