500 align 500 dfc and dx9 update

holtneil

Well guys she has had her first flight to day , A BIG THANKS to Tony for the 3gx set up videos , omg it was so smooth and even in the wind we had to day i could get it hands off , i did find a small tail bounce after input but its so small i am not worried about it , when i get a bit more used to the 500 i may bring the damping down a little ,i normal fly a 450 on 12% expo and like the feel but the 500 still on the settings Tony said its still very nice to fly
I am so happy was very worried about 3gx as i have seen lots of videos on where set up was wrong on crashed on take off , but this bird takes off with no input but throttle , i did change throttle curve from 0,40,60,80,100 to 0,70.80,90,100 and tail is locked in before lift off
THANK YOU to every one on here that had input in to this build and got me up and flying , be safe all kind regards neil in uk

Slobberdog

Sounds and looks good Neil,

- - - Updated - - -

I use 0-40-75-75-75 for my normal throttle curve, along with 40-45-50-75-100 pitch, find it's very stable with these settings,

stokke

Looking good. I think you're gonna be real happy with that bird, Neil - I sure love mine!

Slobberdog

Looking good. I think you're gonna be real happy with that bird, Neil - I sure love mine!

Yeah me to Marius, bags of power, nimble yet stable, prob best thing I done was get it.

- - - Updated - - -

if I get shot of the 450 will prob put an Ikon on the 500

bbj

Your 500 looks great and flys very stable in your video. Just hope mine will fly as well but won't know until it warms up. I also have a dx9 and currently my settings are N 0-40-75-85-95 but I1 is 85-85-85-85-85 and I2 is 95-93-90-93-95. I have been using these settings with my Phoenix simulator and love going right to I1 0r I2 as soon as possible. I find its easier to do hovering with almost full rpm and just control the elevation with my left stick. Do you do the same thing?

Another question is would it be best to program in a 7 point throttle curve to create more points at closer intervals above 50% throttle for normal mode?

BBJ
Trex 500pro dfc, 3gx, ar9020
Spectrum DX9, Icharger 306B

Top Bottom