450 Align 450SE V2 Blade tracking help

skylane733

I had to replace the main shaft. I did a complete head setup from the swash up. I got everything perfectly aligned and used a digital pitch gauge to get the the blades as close to 0 degrees as possible (within .1 degrees). Now the blade track is off by maybe 3/8 of an inch. Do I need to adjust the pitch on the high or low blade?

murankar

Staff member
There are a few ways to do this. First off: during your 0 degree setup of the head at mid stick, did you check both blades? Normally if this is done correctly then blade tracking should not be an issue.

First method is to adjust the lower blade, second adjust the higher blade or adjust both by raising the pitch of the lower and lower the pitch of the higher blade. Before you do this check both blades while at mid stick.

Smoggie

There are a few ways to do this. First off: during your 0 degree setup of the head at mid stick, did you check both blades? Normally if this is done correctly then blade tracking should not be an issue.
+1.. if you get the mechanical setup right tracking really shouldn't be a problem. Check the length of the pitch control link rods with a vernier caliper and get them exactly the same length and you should be pretty much spot on, just use the pitch gauge to double check.

- - - Updated - - -

PS.. but if you do need to fine adjust then it doesn't really make much difference which blade you adjust. You can use coloured tape to identify which is flying high or low and adjust one or the other. You can also do it by trial and error, just give one link half a turn (making sure you know which blade you adjusted and which way you adjusted it) and see if tracking improves or gets worse and work from there

murankar

Staff member
Most aligns need full turns. If your swash is dead center in travel I would probably adjust the high one. If I was there and could see everything and get a better feel for the situation I could make a better call for you. Also you could base your decision on which blade is the furthest from 0° at mid stick. For example if the high blade is 2° away from 0 and the low blade is 5° away then adjust the low one.

Read the manual and find out if you have half turn links or full turn. If the manual stats that the "A" needs to point out then you have full turn links.

Last edited:
Top Bottom