450 Align 450L Dominator

Hey guys I'm new here and this is my 1st post , I'm building my 450 and am wondering what the best position to mount the 3gx is , upside down underneath or on top ? Any feed back would be apriciated thanks
Andy

Tony

Staff member
If you don't care about the looks of all of the wires everywhere, you can put it on the top, right side up. This will allow easier access to the button to program the gyro. However, if you are like me and you want the cleanest looking helicopter possible, then mount it under the heli. this is the way I do all of mine if I can. But ultimately, it's up to you.

Let us know what you think about the Dom, I have not had the pleasure of seeing one in person yet.

Ha ha yeeh I to am big on the looks and clean lines , The Dom is for sure an amazing kit to build and look at , either way I'm going to have wires though as I'm gonna probably mount the reciever on top as I'm not gonna use sats , what do think about using a regular reciever aposed to sats?

Tony

Staff member
If you are using a 6ch Tx, then you don't have a choice but to use the Rx. However, if you are using a Tx with 7+ channels, then I HIGHLY suggest using satellites. Much cleaner, half of the wires, less chance of wire damage and less things to go wrong. It all boils down to KISS. Keep It Simple S***** (not calling you that, but that is what it means lol).

Slobberdog

As Tony has said already the heli looks great,

As for the receiver on top, I personally would only do that if the wires go into a side of the receiver, as I used a Spektrum rx on mine the wires go into it from the top, so I did not like the fact they would be sticking upwards towards the rotor disc, just my 2 cents

Hope it helps your thought process, build looks sweet though.......

Lee

I really want to try out this 6S 450 to compare it to my Warp.
Watching your build with interest. Keep the pictures coming dude.

Derek

Hey there Andy! I'm loving the build so far. Keep the pictures coming. I'd like to ask...what pinion is being used on this heli? I was just wondering if there was a difference between the 3S setup and the new 6S setup.

murankar

Staff member
+1 Tony. I know with mine the motor kv changes and the pinion stays the same. If anything it would change by 1 or 2 teeth +/-.

More than likely you won't change it. You will how ever notice the power difference. I want 6s on my protos in a bad way. Lots of upgrades to make to do it though.

Tony

Staff member
I love this design. Wish I had the coinage for it. Trying to sell the two heli's that I have now, but doubt I will get anywhere close to the cash I need to get this heli plus the 6s batteries for it. I already have the 3GX lol.

Sparse

the difference is nice, at the same time you can use the 450 you have now and make a 450 L from what the guys told me at my local LHS. you would have to change out your esc, motor, and of course batts. if you want to run the L setup you could always look into this option. there all 450's with slight change is all.

Top Bottom