450 align 450 v2

Frank Dell

Ok the help I need is I purchased this heli, and the guy made a mistake, and some how reset the 3gx on it. The problem I have is I own the dx7s spectrum, I need to know what to do first, and how, the heli has just 1 sat, and of course the 3gx, do I setup the radio first? and what settings, and also upgrade firmware to 3.1or 4.0, any help would greatly be appreciated, thank you

Tony

Staff member
Hey Frank, if you have not done so yet, check out our page on the 3GX setup. I use a DX8 in the videos, but you can follow the exact same steps with your DX7s. As for firmware, you will need to find out what it has right now before you start. Just run through the setup as you normally would with your Tx to get it bound to the 3GX, then connect it to your computer. If you still have questions after watching the videos, post them up. We are here to help.

Rc-Help - 3GX How-To

Frank Dell

Thanks Tony, I did watch many of your videos (great job btw), I did manage to bind the helicopter, but I'm seeing things that do bother me, I'm hearing like servos twitching, and when I spooled the heli up it seemed smooth then all of sudden it went into this high and low rate, it was weird. I don't think I like the setup with 1 sat on it also. I think my best bet would be to take the helicopter to my local hobby shop and have them check it out. I sure hope I didn't get screwed on this purchase, I probably was better off building my own, better learning experience for me. Thanks again

Sparse

depending on how the 3gx is set up you will get that, ( meaning the version it is on ) you have to most likely flash the 3gx to 4.0 or 5.0, go through and set the heli up for start to finish 90 the servos ect, ect. Watch tonys videos. take the heli to the hobby shop unless they sit down with you and teach and show you what they are doing you are not gonna learn a thing. ask me how I know. as far as the controller goes that can be a learning curve also. the whole heli hobby is a learing curve. but well worth it. stick with it, it gets better. I have a Dx7 and thats what I fly with. any questions ask I will do my best to help you.

Frank Dell

Thanks Sparse, and your right, I did manage to get the blade sr to fly right(and crap helicopter) don't mean to knock the product but no comparison to these helicopters, I should say I did however upgraded the 3gx to 3.1, should I have upgraded to 4.0, and I didn't notice 5.0? I need to get myself a swash leveling tool though, and was wondering about getting a digital pitch gauge, I'm one of those that likes to have all the right equipment. Thanks again

Slobberdog

you definitely need a digital pitch gauge and a swash level tool is a good idea as well as it makes the job so much easier,

The 3Gx software if you are on V3.1 at the moment that will be ok, V3.1 is not great on the ground if you have vibes in the heli so bare that in mind don't leave it sitting there for to long or it will start to tip over,

I would not recommend going to V4 at all its to hit and miss on whether it will work,

I will be testing V5 in the next couple of days and will let people know what I feel with it in the news section thread that I started, V5 only came out a few days ago so its very new to everyone.

Thanks Sparse, and your right, I did manage to get the blade sr to fly right(and crap helicopter) don't mean to knock the product but no comparison to these helicopters, I should say I did however upgraded the 3gx to 3.1, should I have upgraded to 4.0, and I didn't notice 5.0? I need to get myself a swash leveling tool though, and was wondering about getting a digital pitch gauge, I'm one of those that likes to have all the right equipment. Thanks again

Frank Dell

Ok, I'm going to do this myself, you guys here are more help to me then the hobby shop I have been dealing with, I have to leave the helicopter there for almost 2 weeks, that's ridiculous , so I ordered myself the rc logger v2 digital pitch gauge, and even a caliper tool. I know I have to restart the setting up of the helicopter since I went to version 5.0, 90 the servos, etc, but is there anything I need to do in the transmitter(dx7s) first before I start, settings of any kind. thanks everyone

Tony

Staff member
If you already had it flying, then you will not have to do anything to the Tx after upgrading to V5. And yes, we can walk you through every step. No worries there.

Graham Lawrie

The only thing I do is make sure there are no trims etc and linear pitch and throttle curves , when starting a fresh model on the TX, especially if you are doing a complete set up.

That way I know I have done everything. Sometimes I have found myself doing the complete set up 4 or 5 times if I have issues with 3gx. That's why I moved to the AR7200BX and MSH Brain:) Still have the 3gx and trying to set it up on my 600, I never give up, part of my OCD. :)

Frank Dell

Thanks again, Tony I should mention that when I purchased this helicopter he did fly but when he sold the heli to me he made a mistake some how that he reset the 3gx, so all I did was update it 5.0. The tx that I have (dx7s) I received with another heli, and it already had a trex 450 programed in (not mine of course) so I guess I should delete that one and make one for my own? and what settings would I need to put in the tx? knowing I have to start from scratch thanks again

Top Bottom