General Align 3GX V3.1 released

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I saw an official align page on it

But I don't know where it's at now. Just posted the link

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Tony

Staff member
Wonder if they fixed the issues it was having... May have to give this a shot next weekend if I can find the time.

xokia

Do they have release notes? What did they fix? Seems like a quick release from having 3.0.
I wonder if this will solve the issues I am having with my 250?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
One thing I read was More stability on take off and landing

Tail interactivness is more linear and connected and some other blah blahs.. I'll find the release notes..

xokia

I'll try it out on my 250 before touching my 450. Thanks for the notification.

Note to self though: Stop buying kits with 3GX units!

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yeah ... dont let it fool you that they got great service and response ... lol

Just means that they didnt have it right to start with :p and now they are covering things up slowly and figuring stuff out as they go lol

danhampson

has anyone updated yet? i take it youve got to go through the whole DIR setup again.

I have maidened my 450 pro fbl (couldnt get a camera man) what a machine. I even did some foward flight (only a beginner), flight went well, landing not so well. Trashed my main blades and bent the main shaft but all in all had an epic 3 batterys.

xokia

yeah ... dont let it fool you that they got great service and response ... lol

Just means that they didnt have it right to start with :p and now they are covering things up slowly and figuring stuff out as they go lol
Yup no validation strategy before releases. That's the only explanation for such a quick re-release. You would think they would at least have one of their team pilots test it in every bird they sell before releasing something to the public. What they dont seem to understand is they are creating a bunch of users who will not purchase one of these units in the future and will persuade others to stay away. Some of us can have a few thousand dollars wrapped up in these machines. We dont want to be their validation team at our expence.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I have read that with this upgrade you DONT have to do DIR again. But I wouldnt think going through it once again wont hurt :)

Tony

Staff member
ALWAYS go through the DIR setup when you upgrade the firmware. You just never know.

They came out with this so fast because of all of the crap the 3.0 caused. Just look at the RCH 600... First takeoff, or what would have been a takeoff, the swash was correcting crap that was not even happening. Second one that was not on video it was doing even worse! Almost tapped the blades on the grass which would have been catastrophic at the rpm I was running.

I may upgrade the 600N to see if this will fix the issues. I will know on spoolup if it's better or not. If I see that swash twitch even once, I'm shutting it down and pulling out my 30lb sledge hammer and putting the 3GX where it belongs, into a million pieces and then in the burn pile to go away for ever so no one else can crash with it!

xokia

ALWAYS go through the DIR setup when you upgrade the firmware. You just never know.

They came out with this so fast because of all of the crap the 3.0 caused. Just look at the RCH 600... First takeoff, or what would have been a takeoff, the swash was correcting crap that was not even happening. Second one that was not on video it was doing even worse! Almost tapped the blades on the grass which would have been catastrophic at the rpm I was running.
This is what my 3GX on my 250 was doing. That's why I replaced it with a beastx. Mine would fly fine for a while then start acting really wierd and try to do odd corrections. I gave up.......I intend to get mine swapped out by Align for a new one and then sell the 3GX unit.

Westy

LEGEND
do you reakon it is coding issues? or is it an actual Hardware/Gyro mems circuitry issue?............... would be good if we knew! Mine works perfect on my 600

the only thing is when I take off .... i have to give it a quick corrective stick action as it takes off as it dips hard to the left .... but I thought that was normal and once it is airborne .... the Gyro is rock solid!

xokia

No idea what the issues was, the one in my 450 works perfectly fine also and I am happy with it. On that one I am running a AR6210 reciever. I just got tired of messing with the 3GX and it cost me some money with some crashes so I was done with it. Once I get a new one back from Align (which they agreed to replace) I'm placing it on ebay. I see no benifit of running the 3GX and there seems to be better options out there. So why fiddle with it?

Ken Jackson

Have you guys heard of apple or Microsoft, there are always glitches. Hope there are updates for the other Flybarless controllers mentioned on this site, otherwise your stuck with the glitches

xokia

Please let not turn this into a 3GX vs another flybarless thread. Yes the 3GX works I have one in my 450 and have no complaints. I had tons of troubles with the one in my 250 so i got tired of messing with it thats all. With firmware 3.1 I've heard it's supposed to fly like a beastx. So sounds like they have at least met that requirement

Ken Jackson

That sounds good. Is every one having problems giving the gyro enough time to stabilize to ambient temperature? It is actually worse in the summer when you run outside from the air conditioning into extreme heat. I always wait at least 5 minutes. Good time for final checkout of screws and such before spinning it up.

Ken

Just going back to basics, I know I get too excited sometimes.
:glee:

- - - Updated - - -

I posted this comment elsewhere so I mention it again here, my V3.0 works well in my 500.

Ken

Top Bottom