450 ALIGN 3GX MR & 3GX MRS Controllers

Kamper

Hi Everyone,

I see Align is coming out with a new Controller that looks to be competing with the BeastX and Spektrum AR7200BX. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts about this new controller?

I am running a 3GX at present on my Align 450 and will going to a tamer controller such as the AR7200BX. I will keep the 3GX for later use, but need something that I feel more comfortable learning with. This new 3GX MRS is also on my radar.. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks,

Ken

Tony

Staff member
Hey Ken, if you will give me a bit, I plan on doing some videos on how to tame the 3GX down, a LOT. I'm playing with the settings now to find what is the best options for new pilots. I have almost got it as stable as the AR7200BX, but not quite. And I don't want to put anything on the forum just yet until I have had the chance to thoroughly test every aspect of it. Just give me some time.

Kamper

Thanks Tony for all you do for this hobby. I have mastered my Blade 120 and my Align 450 is my first experience with a collective pitch heli. I have even paid for an hour 1 on 1 lesson that was very helpful from a very good instructor. He has my heli detuned as much as possible and I still feel it is very quick, too quick to be truthful. I need to get a feeling of better control to minimize my crashes/repairs. My first crash took $100 and a few hours to get me back to original again. This is something I want to learn very badly, but need a controller that is more forgiving at least to start. I will keep my eye open and look for any info you can come up with to help beginners like myself. One issue I have right now is my flying time is only every couple months, but November-March I fly every two weeks down in Arizona. I am looking to have a game plan of sorts by this fall and get real serious about flying my 450 through the winter.

Thanks again for your efforts,

Ken

Tony

Staff member
It's my pleasure, I really enjoy helping people in this hobby.

If you have not done it yet, go into your Tx and set your Dual Rates at 70% and your Expo to +35%. This should help to tame it down. Then, change your collective pitch from the current setting down to about 9º. Meaning, when you give the helicopter full throttle, you have a MAX of 9º of pitch on the collective. Adding expo, taking away 30% of the throw with DR and lowering the collective pitch will help tame it down. Just remember, these helicopters are like a marble on a sheet of glass, you must correct every movement you give it. And only make small inputs.

I will try to get the videos up as quickly as possible.

Top Bottom