FBL Gyro Align 3gx issue

Engr_Arven

Hello guys! I got an issue regarding my newly bought align 3gx v2.1 from eBay,it is my first time to do/install it and by the help of manual and sir Tony's videos,coz I have 3 helis all are flybarred except my mcpx, my issue is when I tiny move my cyclic stick and hold it but still goes down. Same issue with my robird g31. My servos and esc are align. I really appreciate your help and thanks!!

Graham Lawrie

Sounds like you don't have it set up right:) I would go through the DIR set up again:)
Best doing it on a new model on your transmitter, with no trims, sub trims on it and linear throttle and pitch curves.

1. Press and hold the button on your 3GX and then connect the battery.
2. Release the 3GX button when the green lights start to light up one at a time.
3. DIR both lights green.

Then go through the set up as normal. Follow Tony,s video:)

Tony

Staff member
If you are talking about holding the cyclic (elevator or aileron) in one position and the swash keeps moving, this is completely normal. You are giving the helicopter an input, and it's going to keep adding pitch to it until that helicopter moves, or you release the stick. And yes, the swash will be slow to return to level. This as well is normal.

Engr_Arven

If you are talking about holding the cyclic (elevator or aileron) in one position and the swash keeps moving, this is completely normal. You are giving the helicopter an input, and it's going to keep adding pitch to it until that helicopter moves, or you release the stick. And yes, the swash will be slow to return to level. This as well is normal.

Yes sir,the swash is to slow to return to its level when I release the stick. That's why when I try to hover it,it will tilt on its side immediately. So what I am going to do?

Tony

Staff member
It will only be slow to return when it's on the ground. When in the air, it will do what it's supposed to do. If you need a little more stability, check out my videos on adjusting the flight mode settings in the gyro. There are some things that you can change to try and help make the helicopter a little more stable.

Engr_Arven

Why my 450 pro flybarred is ,when I move my stick(ail or elev)and hold it then it will stop on that point. My question is, is there any difference on FB and FBL regarding cyclic movement?

Tony

Staff member
Yes, it's a whole different ball game. Flybared helicopters are all linear. As you move the sticks, the swash will move equally with teh sticks. On a FBL helicopter, everything is electronic. You are giving an input, and it's going to keep giving that input (thus the swash keeps moving) until the helicopter moves. and when you release the sticks, it's still going to try to move it and thus return the swash very slowly. If you go into DIR mode, it will act just like the linear FB so that you can set it up.

Tony

Staff member
It's my pleasure. when I first got into FBL helicopters, I had all of the same questions that you did. I was confused by the slow swash and it seeming sluggish and non responsive. But I assure you, as long as you follow what I have pointed out in my videos, you will have a very stable helicopter. As always, never hesitate to ask a question on here. We are here to help.

Top Bottom