FBL Gyro Align 3gx help pleassee!!

PeachFuzz

Watch this video please
Align 450 helicopter help (3gx) - YouTube

can you please look at my channel and there is a video about my helicopter. A friend just gave it to me and he said he already did some of the DIR setup. I watched your videos and my helicopter still does that. ALl the beeps and the thing never throttles up. my friend just never had the time to do it so he let me finish the rest. my dad used to be a heli flyer. i think he had the Raptor it is a nitro heli but it has a bar system so this bew flybarless 3gx system is new so please look at my video.

Tony

Staff member
Hey PF, welcome to the forum :welcome1:

The slow return of the swash plate is completely normal. The swash was told to do something, but the helicopter never moved so it's holding it for a second, then it will return back to level.

Two red lights on teh gyro means you are in Rate mode on the tail gyro and you have no governor setup. Don't worry about the governor on that helicopter, but you need to fly in heading hold mode. Go into your gyro menu in your Tx and set it to +60%. Make sure your gyro switch is on the selection where you put that setting.

I'm not sure what you meant by "ALI the beeps...". Or was that "ALL"?

Be very careful on doing what I'm talking about next. It can and will spool up on you and can get dangerous.

go into your throttle curve menu and look at the settings. Position N, or normal flight mode (position 0 on the F-Mode switch) should be at 0 40 60 60 60. This will give you a flat curve when the helicopter gets into the air. Idle up will be a flat 85% across the board. NOTE: IF YOU GO INTO IDLE UP 1, THE MOTOR WILL SPIN NO MATTER WHAT THE STICK POSITION! Then there is H, or Throttle Hold. Make sure that one is 0% across the board. This is your safety switch. At any time, if it spools up, you can flip that switch. It's located on the back right side of the Tx. You might have that switch flipped where there is no throttle signal getting through to the gyro to tell the ESC to spool up.

Hope this helps.

PeachFuzz

Yeah what are all the beeps. And this is off topics but I noticed everywhere your "the's" are teh

- - - Updated - - -

By the way I'm an AMA MEMBER how do I get that tag thing

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind I got it

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I get to typing too fast and don't pay attention to my "the"s lol. I try to correct it most times.

The beeping means the ESC has not received a signal to spool up. Basically telling you that it's plugged in, but the throttle is down. Once you apply a little power then lower the stick, it will stop beeping for a bit.

DAL2855

Banned
In order to setup the pitch curve, you'll need a pitch gauge, either a manual or digital doesn't matter. Digital does work better and is more precise, but I just use a manual one, and you have the check the pitch of the blades at low, mid and high stick. You'll want a -2 to -3 degrees of pitch at low stick and 0 degrees at mid stick and max of +11 at full stick positions.

DAL2855

Banned
My throttle curve is setup like this: 0,40,80,80,80 in normal mode. This is for a FBL heli though. I have a Trex 450 DFC Pro with a 5 blade main and 4 blade tail!

PeachFuzz

I don't understand the 0,40.80 stuff look at the video my throttle curve menu is different and weirder i have the dx6i

DAL2855

Banned
Throttle hold yes will be 0 across the board in every flight mode position. Do you happen to have facebook or skype?

Tony

Staff member
And it's no help to the forum to do things in private. A forum runs on information, and if there is no information, then there is no forum. Please post things in here.

Top Bottom