FBL Gyro Align 3gx 2.1

AlwaysDave

There's no menu called 'teh Swash menu', a Function List.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting this info from the 3gx V2.1 setup cd.

- - - Updated - - -

Untitled.jpg

Not sure if this image has come through, it's showing the 3gx section that I'm up to.

Untitled.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Yes, in the transmitter, there is a menu called Swash, Swashplate, or Swash AFR. In there, you will see the menu that I stated before. All 3 will be default to +60. You will adjust these numbers to what you need to set your head up correctly.

AlwaysDave

I've got the manual, it came with the package just like the cd came with the 3gx v2.1 but, it's only showing me the settings and not step by step of how to set the Tx up. The 3gx software is telling me to adjust a setting in degrees but, trying to find that in the Tx settings where most are in percentages is not helping me. just like I said before, I've flown Heli's in year's gone by and the Tx was always set up for me, so now I'm doing it for myself for the first time and it's difficult when I don't know how. Like anything in life once you have learnt it, it's easy.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, the Tx is all in %. You will need a pitch gauge to set the head up correctly. If you don't have one, I suggest the Align Digital Gauge.

BAdair

As Tony stated.
With a pitch gauge on the blades when you roll the PIT:60% down or up(in the radio) it changes the degrees of pitch on the blades.
Also depending on the radio it may have to be - instead of + to get the correct swash movement for positive pitch.
on my DX7s the PIT:60% is always - for my swash to move UP positive pitch, and I am normally around 40% for 12* of pitch. (this is just an example, not saying yours will be the same)
AILE and ELEV maye be the same way you just have to make sure your getting the correct movement on the swash with what stick movement your inputting.
Mine are normally around 38% for 8* pitch on aile and elev. (again just an example)

AlwaysDave

When I bought the Heli I also bought everything that I needed to get flying which included the 'Pitch Gauge'.
Using the Pitch Gauge I achieved as near to 'O%' and using a small bubble level on the Rotor Head (Swash Plate) itself.

Still not flying due to the fact I'm not receiving step by step instruction on how to setup this Tx, where it's on a Forum or the shop I bought it.
I can't believe it's that difficult to setup a Transmitter.

Tony

Staff member
I think you are the first on here with that Tx, so getting a step by step is going to be next to impossible. But what you need to do is set the swash to 120º 3 servo, then from there, make sure your servos are going in the correct directions in DIR mode. DIR mode is where you will do ALL of your setups. Then, with a linear pitch curve, you will put your Tx to mid stick (50% pitch) and set the head to 0º pitch. Then, set it to 10-12º collective positive and negative. Make sure you have 8º of cyclic pitch with 2.1.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
As Tony stated..Swash type should be at 120deg in order to see the swash menu. if you have it set at normal it would not show up in your menu list. once you got that programed and as Badair posted on the manual its all step by step. when you adjust the % on your transmitter you will see your swash in your heli move up and or down. from there you just keep playing with it until you get your desired pitch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom