FBL Gyro Align 3gx 2.1

AlwaysDave

I need help as to which way round the wire's have to be, the manual is not very clear.
This is for the Align Trex 800 using a JR XG8 Transmitter.
All new kit. The last time I flew RC Heli's was about 12 years ago and it's all changed since then.

There are 2 wire's that need to connect to the JR Gyro, yellow (Pitch) & blue (Sensitivity), but where do they go.

Thanks in advance.

BAdair

Maybe I'm not understanding what your doing exactly, but with the Align 3GX there is no need for any other gyro, it is everything in one unit, cyclic and tail gyro.
So no need for the JR gyro, if I'm understanding correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the 3gx will work with 2 spektrum satellite receivers in place of a separate receiver.
Now that's assuming your radio is DSM2 or DSMX, Im not sure if it will work with the new DSMM.

AlwaysDave

Thank you for your reply.

My mistake, it's the JR Receiver.

With the 3gx V2.1, I've plugged the live wire in only, there's no response. Viewing your YouTube video (No. 1) I wired it up as shown. The transmitter was switch on before connecting the 3gx.

Is it possible the 3gx could be faulty.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, I think I understand the question now. The yellow (pitch) is going to be the right front servo when looking at the helicopter from the rear. It will go into the Aux1 port on your Rx. The blue wire is your gyro gain and should be plugged into the Gear channel on your Rx.

Once it's plugged in, you need to go into your Tx and scroll down to the gyro menu. In there, you need your channel set to Gear and yoru switch set to what ever switch you want to use, I use the gear switch on my DX8.

Hope this helps. YOu can check it by putting a positive number on one of the switch settings, and a negative number on a second one. When you are in positive, the status light on the 3GX should be green, when you flip the switch to the negative number, the status light should go red. Let me know.

AlwaysDave

Thank you for all your help, but I'm struggling with these modern Transmitter's.

Getting back to the wiring, your video doesn't show the JR XG8 receiver and therefore how do I know which way round to insert the wire's. The manual that came with it doesn't help.

I'm going to try the settings with the Tx while I send this reply.

Tony

Staff member
It looks as if the ground wire goes towards the label. If you are plugging in the single wires for the 3GX, that single wire will go towards the bottom of the Rx. This is going by the diagram on the Rx it's self. If you look closely, there are chamfered edges on one side of the plugs that should relate to the plugs on the servo wires. Hope this makes sense.

AlwaysDave

I now have lights on both the 3gx & JR receiver.

I Bind the receiver with the Tx, will I have to do the same with the 3gx and if so does this mean disconnecting the live feed to the receiver.

Tony

Staff member
If I am nor mistaken the Jr rx and spektrum rx use the same channel configuration.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Not always. If you remember, as an example, the AR6210 and the AR8000 have a different polarity. Spektrum uses dsm2 and dsmx, whereas the new JR's use dmss which is not compatible with anything spektrum. However, they may be in the future.

I now have lights on both the 3gx & JR receiver.

I Bind the receiver with the Tx, will I have to do the same with the 3gx and if so does this mean disconnecting the live feed to the receiver.

By using a separate Rx, you should not have to bind the 3GX, only the Rx. Plug your cyclic servos into the 3GX and see if they are working. If they are, you are ready to start the DIR and Rudder setup's.

BAdair

Maybe I'm not understanding what your doing exactly, but with the Align 3GX there is no need for any other gyro, it is everything in one unit, cyclic and tail gyro.
So no need for the JR gyro, if I'm understanding correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the 3gx will work with 2 spektrum satellite receivers in place of a separate receiver.
Now that's assuming your radio is DSM2 or DSMX, Im not sure if it will work with the new DSMM.
Duh..:stupid: I meant whats Tony said, DMSS..

Tony

Staff member
I was going to go with the Tx that he is using. However, I would have had to replace 8 receivers and that just was not going ot happen lmao. So I ended up with the DX8. Now I want something different... again... lmao.

BAdair

I was going to go with the Tx that he is using. However, I would have had to replace 8 receivers and that just was not going ot happen lmao. So I ended up with the DX8. Now I want something different... again... lmao.

I hear ya, same here.
I want something other than my Dx7s, was looking at the DX18 but ah $799... Now I'm leaning towards the JR 11x still dsm2 and dsmx, which is all my stuff.

Not trying to thread jack here, sorry!

Slobberdog

I think your side of the pond you can send the jr tx to horrizon hobby and they will change it for you to dsmx I think, well that's what I was informed in my LHS before.

Slobberdog

I was looking at the xg8 but I wanted the bnf heli's to be useable but he told me I could send it over and get it done. I think the jr and Spektum factory in the states is the same place

AlwaysDave

Ok I'm back, ready to start the DIR & Rudder setup.
Just bear in mind I'm new to setting up these new transmitter's (JR XG8) so get's going to be a slow for me.

Tony

Staff member
It's in teh Swash menu. There are 3 parameters, AIL, ELE, and PIT. PIT is for collective, and the other two are cyclic.

Top Bottom