450 Align 3G setup help!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Look del, the gyro is not a junk gyro. If your having a hard time setting it up then it is you that's. not getting the set up right. I understand that everyone wants an easy pc setup nowadays. But this is a gyro not a flight controller like the NAZA ikon or beastx! This is how gyros get set up. You guys that dont want to spend the cash on a good fc need to learn how to set up gyros or put up with cheep hk junk! This gyro is the in between gyro. Between the 3gx and the gp780. If your really want to get it setup properly then your going to ave to find someone who knows this gyro to help you! Don't put the gyro down cause you do not know how to set it up! Sorry about the rant but, I'm getting tired of reading your rants!

DAL2855

Banned
I have followed Tony's video to the letter setting this gyro up and it keeps acting stupid everytime I try to spool the bird up. I did finally get the tail compensation direction setup correctly but now the elevator and aileron are acting stupid everytime it almost gets to midstick position. So I have no idea what else to do to it. I've tried everything and it still does not want to work right!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm tired of trying to get it setup correctly. From now on, if it can't be setup through the PC, then I don't buy it. I was thinking since this one came with software, that it could be setup through the software, but since Align wants to make everything so difficult and not change with the times.......

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I have followed Tony's video to the letter setting this gyro up and it keeps acting stupid everytime I try to spool the bird up. I did finally get the tail compensation direction setup correctly but now the elevator and aileron are acting stupid everytime it almost gets to midstick position. So I have no idea what else to do to it. I've tried everything and it still does not want to work right!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm tired of trying to get it setup correctly. From now on, if it can't be setup through the PC, then I don't buy it. I was thinking since this one came with software, that it could be setup through the software, but since Align wants to make everything so difficult and not change with the times.......

Del this gyro is like 3 4 years old technologies! It's the first FBL gyro align came out with. There was no pc set up when this gyro came out. I'm not totally sure that the 3 gx set up is the same! Your just going to have to read the instruction hook throurly and follow it to set t up. I'm thinking that its more than likely set up like a gp 780! Someone on ths sight has to of set up be of these before so anyone out there help del out?

DAL2855

Banned
I'm just tired of messing with it. I'm not trying anymore to set it up, it's already trashed a set of DS415 servos that I'd just rebuilt with all new gears and I'm not having it happen again! If you want it back, I'll gladly send it back to ya cause I'm tired of it!

- - - Updated - - -

Or if anyone else a member here wants it send me a PM and pay the shipping and it's yours! I'm tired of messing with it!

john2012

Banned
well i just got my t-rex450 v2pro dfc and 3gx flybarless system and can't wait to build, and tony videos are great and you can also download the 3gx 3.1 online it is the same as the disk

Graham Lawrie

Hi Dal,
I had masses of problems with this gyro, all caused by me. I had the wires too tight going into it which picked up vibration. These gyros hate vibration.
I found freddycanfly on YouTube video handy along with Tonys.
Throttle and pitch curves need to be linear and no trims or sub trims during set up. Basically like a new model on your TX.
It took me months to get this right. As I got close the vibration kept throwing in a red herring to throw me off the scent.
I then found the Ar7200bx which was awesome and easy and super stable.
3gx is for advanced flying and very good, but a nightmare to get right:)
Perseverance is necessary to establish perfection:)

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah Slobberdog, I did finally get it working right! Took me three days of fighting with it to finally get it right and flyable! Gonna be installing it onto the 550 when it gets here, putting the ZYX-S onto my other 450 that I had it mounted on!

john2012

Banned
well i have the 3gx on my 450 pro and really man i can't find where you change the correction form the top to the bottom there is not switch on the program i think is to be done on the 3gx itself is this true oh and the program is set up for large helis

Slobberdog

Right this is gonna be tricky for me to explain but here I go,

Hold the set button on the 3Gx unit to go into your tail set up, scroll though to the 5th led labeled delay, you need this to be flashing red, for small heli, if green move your rudder stick very slightly to the left until the light changes colour don't go far as this also sets the deley at the same time, it is only a small movement,

Now press set again to get all the LEDs lit, and you should have red for mounted down the bottom on the carbon fibre plate or green if its on top, use your rudder stick again to change, hope this helps.

john2012

Banned
DAL2855 Tony has the setup of the 3gx on here and i used it to set my 450 dfc up with watching his videos

Top Bottom