FBL Gyro Align 3G / 3GX / GPRO

murankar

Staff member
Today on RCHN the news has been released that Align has finally gave up on FBL units. I heard that all super combo kits are now equipped with BeastX gyros. So finally all of you Align gyro fliers can now see the truth in those gyros. They do suck and if you can front the cash get a better gyro. For what ever reason if you are one of the 1% who can get the Align fbls flying congrats but for the other 99% there is now an option for the new combo kits.

THANK YOU ALIGN FOR ACCEPTING DEFEAT IN HIS AREA.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Align got rid of their version of FBL units as murankar stated. I just found out that Spektrum AR7300BX is discontinue also with the AR7200BX FBL unit. Who's next?

murankar

Staff member
AH but Specktrum just released there new single wire rx. Yes Specktrum finally caught up with Futaba's s-bus.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Is that the AR7210BX for $ 219.00? Since the AR7200BX & 7300BX are discontinued, I thinking about getting AR7210BX. I'm also looking at the Ikon for $149.00 Spektrum AR7300BX 7CH DSMX Flybarless Control System w/ BeastX SPMAR7300BX - Nitro Hobbies Inc. I've heard that with the Ikon I would need a Reciever for $49.99 Spektrum AR610 6-Channel DSMX Aircraft Receiver [SPMAR610] | Electronics - AMain Performance Hobbies - AMain Performance Hobbies but I probably put two on the 500 just to be on the safe side. Either way I'm going to need another FBL unit.

Lee

Ikon only requires one or two Satellite receivers.
No need for a full RX.

murankar

Staff member
If this new specktrum rx is anything like s-bus you won't need a full 6 channel rx. I am not sure what the plan is on this as for as the sat being discontinued or just as another option. Now rchn did not go into great detail on this. They just did a quick mention in the news section.

trainrider06

I'm not giving up on my AR7200's! They work for me! LOL Yeah as Lee said only the Spektrum SAT is needed for the IKon.

Admiral

Just a thought, with the 3GX series going there is going to be a lot less Help Requests! not sure of the percentage but it must have been pretty high.

Glad I got rid of my three before they where discontinued, I actually made a couple of buck out of them.

murankar

Staff member
Oh the issue with the sat is that it needs a 3.3 volt bus. The single wire setup can use a hv setup with out stepping down the voltage. That would be the only advantage over a sat.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
So the AR7200bx, AR7300bx are being replaced by the AR7210bx due out next month. The stand alone BeastX unit made in Germany called the "BeastX plus" is already out for a while. It is now a 6 axis sensor system. I have a bunch of these units. If you don't already know, the unit comes in version 3.0. To get the attitude control you need version 4.0 and guess what, its not free. You have to buy the software if you want to use the bail out feature. Its like 100 Euro. So I wonder if the AR7210 will be free or will we have to buy the software as well if we want the attitude control?? I also have a Microbeast plus HD. That has a pigtail to connect a 2s lipo directly to it like the 7300 did. You can pick up those AR7300 units for just over 100 bucks now brand new in the package.

"Not sure which rx it is. All I know is that they now a sigle wire rx like futaba s-bus."
Are talking about the AR7700?

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yes, you are right fran11784 about the AR7210BX. You also have to buy the soft ware. I pick up another AR7300BX just to have for back up even since it's discontinue. By the time I need another FBL unit, they'll be up to an AR 2016 or something like that.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
lol your right about that^^. One thing nice about the BeastX attitude control is you can control how fast it corrects when you hit the panic. There's like 5 different attitude controls to pick from trainer to 3D. The iKON rolls it so fast its unreal...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
lol your right about that^^. One thing nice about the BeastX attitude control is you can control how fast it corrects when you hit the panic. There's like 5 different attitude controls to pick from trainer to 3D. The iKON rolls it so fast its unreal...

Well, if Spektrum going to charge extra for software for the BeastX...the Ikon is starting to look good.:secret2: I here nothing bad about Ikon so that could be the next choice of RX. Til then, I will enjoy my discontinued AR 7200/7300BX. They work just fine for me.:arms:

murankar

Staff member
Gonna say if tour going to buy extra stuff just get the Vbar neo. They make you buy the bailout for $110 USD.

Top Bottom