Align 250 Pro DFC maiden

Slobberdog

Well a little write up is in my build thread but here's a video of the maiden of my new little bird,

[video=youtube_share;-ZMzGr96TOQ]http://youtu.be/-ZMzGr96TOQ[/video]

oh btw I am not standing by the camera I am in the corner of the room and at no point did the heli come close to me,

Slobberdog

Thanks Cam, yes nippy but very controllable was a surprise, oh and fitted with a 3gx hey wait I like the 3gx I must do I have 3 now lol

Slobberdog

Maybe got a bit lucky, but done a lot of looking at the 3Gx setup when Tony was helping me just before he put his 3Gx video series up,

If you can get the gyro working well its a great gyro,

Ken Jackson

Nice Kev, man that thing is smooth. What percent was your idol up set at. At least sounded like it was constant speed.

I didn't know the 250 could look that easy, nice flying.

Ken

Slobberdog

Hi Ken, thanks mate it was easier than I thought it was gonna be, normal was @ 76% and idle up was at 85% - 82% - 85% "V" curve

What I was most surprised at was the plastic blades, they felt really good,

Slobberdog

time will tell Graham, but seems to be better than the blade anyway, good size servos always a good point to start with.

concept30

corner of the room, doesnt look at a room looks like a whole House, Very good flying man, I would have crashed within seconds trying to get in dail in :)

Slobberdog

It's a school hall we use through the winter, man I have flown a lot of batteries in there this winter, the 130x had so many flights and the 450 a few as well, but I only like the 450 in there when it's me and a friend any more and I start to worry, as not a huge space for recovery,

The 250 DFC however is a great size for in there, and in my work factory land,

The dialling in on that once you mechanically set it up is all about the 3Gx and understanding what the various sliders in the software do, thankfully the first try was the last seen a lot of info about how others have done it and picked what I thought would be good taking experiences from the setups in my 450 and 500 DFC's, I got lucky it was so good on the first try.

Slobberdog

Thanks Graham, but the 3Gx is a bit hit and miss, alter any one of the values I put in and it could end up being a mare to fly, that why I said I got lucky,

Top Bottom