Micro Align 150 In The Air Again!

Tony

Staff member
Woke up at 0400 this morning and finished my drive in to my house. When I got here, I just had an urge to fly the 150 to see what in the hell is up with it. It flew fantastically before, but the last flight was nothing but the tail going NUTS on me. So I came in the house for the first time this week and started charging up a battery for it.

First thing I thought of was maybe I had something wrong in the Tx, so I went through it and checked. Everything was perfect including the DR/Expo. But the tail gain was at a 58.5 so I lowered it down to 50 to see what that would do. Then I grabbed the helicopter and looked at the pots on the gyro. Both the gain and roll rate were turned up pretty high. With my absence to the hobby, This really needed to be turned down lol.

Once the battery was done, I grabbed the DX9 and the Align 150 and we headed out the door. I plugged it in (after turning on the Tx of course) and sat it down and waited for it to initialize. Once it did, time to spool it up and put it in the air. The thing was hands off stable!!!

That is when I decided to go ahead and take the tail gain back up to 58.5 to see what would happen. It was over correcting!!! That is what the tail blow out was, just overcorrections.

So I flew it around for the time of the battery, I even did some flips just to see what the roll rate was like (it was pretty slow lol) then the timer went off and I landed.

So last weekend I crashed the ever loving crap out of this helicopter, TWICE, because the tail gain was too high. This helicopter may just go back on the truck with me yet!

I apologize, there is no video of this (well there is, but it is on the dash cam of my truck lmao. Wide angle and small heli's don't mix lol. I wanted to go out there and test this thing without having to talk to a camera. Next flight will be on camera though! And I will try to put the correct mount on this time lmao.

Top Bottom