Scale airwolf retracts

Jimbo

Yep, I seem to have less free time now too Rick.

Don, following up on what Boggs said about the larger motor. My 230s, would not even come close to lifting my 250 fuselage off the ground. Then I went to a TREX 250, which is slightly smaller than the 230s and it had no problem getting it into the air. After some checking, I found that the TREX 250 had a larger motor and a much higher head speed. Those two things are the ticket.

As to the UH-1C in my picture, we didn't have "SAFE mode", but we did have "Panic Mode" . :biggrin1:

Jim

Airwolf250

Jim, thanks for the input. If I have a problem, and by your experience, I will. Now you gave me a quick fix and I don't have to go nuts figuring it out.

Don

Jimbo

Don, here is some of the figures we came up with when Rick and I were trying to put the 230s in the 250 fuselage. The Trex 250 flies it fine. So if you increase the motor kv and change the pinion (to what is noted below), you should get enough head speed to fly it.

TRex 250:

3600kv - 120T main gear - 16T pinion = HS 4795

Blade 230s:

4500kv - 140T main gear - 14T = HS 4995

Jim

Airwolf250

Thanks Jim. I may just upgrade the 230s along with one of your suggestions. get used to flying it and then put in the wolf.
Don

Jimbo

That would be the best move. That is what Rick and I are doing with our 450's, before we put them in the fuselage.

Jim

Top Bottom