600 Airwolf 620 Build

murankar

Staff member
Looking great regardless. As for the gear I would think a slightly stronger spring should work.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

pvolcko

Besides getting stronger springs, not sure what there is to do. They don't have a pre-load adjustment (screw that will pull in the spring stop a bit so it will not dip as much when you put a load on it)?

They look okay to me (front isn't compressed as much because no battery in there, I'm assuming). These kind of wheel suspensions usually compress in quite a bit. You'll just have to make sure to set it down nice and easy. :)

Stambo

Been said already but what a machine.
Looking forward to the MAIDEN VIDEOS!!
We must have VIDEO!! :biggrin1:

Lol. Yeah, videos coming. But FIRST... I now have fabbed some landing gear for this sans fuse and everything seems right EXCEPT (of course there is always SOMEthing) lol when I connect power with hold on everything is right but when i take throttle hold off it spins at about 5/10% ?? Ive tried rebinding but so far no change. Once I can fix this I will give a naked maiden voyage with video. ;)

pvolcko

Your throttle curve in normal mode starts at 0, right? Didn't accidentally put in 5 or something? Otherwise, make sure you did endpoint setup with the Tx and ESC. If you did, bump that low end down a few more clicks in the Tx.

Ok, how do i set the endpoints? Also governor mode? is this all done with programming my ESC which I havent done yet? My throttle curve is linear and in my tx the travel is set at 100. changing THAT to 90 made no diff. Ive never had to program esc before as they always worked as installed other than my trex 450 pro where i had to program the 3gx fbl system. Guess ill hook up the esc and read up. :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! Ok, getting closer. ;) NOW I have added the retracts to channel 7(aux2) as a sequence (UP/Down) on my G stick with my DX9. All went fine except NOW after power on all works fine until I hit the throttle for servo testing and all of a sudden my pitch servo starts shaking and jerking and then quits-no pitch servo until I re-power!? Ideas??

Ok, it appears I had a couple things on same channel? I changes the retracts to channel 8 and now no problems. I changed up some of the electronics locations to give better cog (and look nicer) and switched out the HK gyro with a Quark and and everything runs great. Just need to fix the pitch :emomad:16-8 L and 12-12.5 R. Argh. Then FLY IT!
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Crap, Finished programming the new Quark and Castle ESC via computer with success but (always a danged BUTT) now when I go to spool up it doesnt want to turn the blades (either motor or ESC ) just chirps like crazy unless I give a LOt of throttle. I have the ESC programmed for slow starting and all went well (with just a couple chirps) without the blades but with the blades on it just doesnt want to turn em??? The makers of the mechanics say that the spooling IS quite stiff but is normal and ok and goes away but this? Want to go fly but need this fixed. Help!

FYI just check and batt is still at 22.1 volts 3.67ish per cell

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Charge your packs. I don't go below 3.8 per cell. 3.3 is the absolute lowest you can go.

Only thing I can think of is redo the throttle end points.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

What are your motor timing and frequency settings at? And what is the slow start rate set to?
I'll get that info soons I get home but can you (or anyone) tell me what that chirping is? Does it mean I'm damaging something??

ok the timing is 5deg and freq is 8khz (out of box)

Last edited:
Top Bottom