General Airplane Trim

Derek

I have asked this question before and for the life of me, I can't remember what was suggested.

When you take a plane out for the maiden flight and you are getting it trimmed in...what throttle position do you all trim your planes in at?

Do you trim your planes in at half throttle so that it is trimmed in the middle of your throttle curve?

or

Do you trim your planes in at more throttle?

I guess it also would depend on the type of plane you are maidening and what type of flying you plan on doing. That would make sense.

Tony

Staff member
I do it at about mid throttle. If you are ballooning up with more throttle, then you need to put more down angle into the motor.

Derek

Thanks Tony! I'll remember that. I need to add a couple of washers behind the motor mount of my Blue Cub STOL. I'm sure it's going to be needed because of the torque of this motor as well as the size of the prop. That RCH Trainer V2 that I flew and love had no right thrust angle, so it always pulled to the left on take offs.

Tony

Staff member
Tail draggers will ALWAYS pull left on take off. All of my balsa planes do that, and if you get any kit that is a tail dragger, it will do it too. Just one of the things with them.

Top Bottom