600 Ah the Sound of thwopping blades ... How I missed it!

Westy

LEGEND
Finally got my 600 back in the air .... what a different machine with the new one way bearing I fitted... super quite and ... not vibrations!.....

Re set up all ,u Gyro and blade tracking and pitch with my new digital gauge .... what a difference (my pitch gauge was so inaccurate it was not funny) - I am talking 3 degrees out!

Man I love this hobby!

My fingers are working just fine with all the sim time I have been having ... it has been fantastic.

no Video though! sorry guys ... went out on a whim and showed some mates I really can fly! (they did not believe me!) got hte most common questions too :) How far can it go ... and how high?

Last edited:

Derek

That's awesome, Westy!!! Glad everything worked out. What did you do about the pinion issue?

It's kinda funny how often we get those common questions, "How far can it go?" and "...how high", lol

Westy

LEGEND
That's awesome, Westy!!! Glad everything worked out. What did you do about the pinion issue?

I tried to do the drill press method with a hardened cobalt drill bit ...... no good (WAAAAAAYYY Much Run out!!!!!!) ..... went out of round. Got 3 more to play with :) will do the lathe next time and see what happens

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
It's been said before VIDEO or it did not happen! Lol glad to here your satisfied. What about the bogging you we're having? Any different!

Graham Lawrie

Cant wait to hear mine:) I put the Carbon tail fin on it tonight:) I just cant wait to see those HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEE rotors spool up:) Soon but not soon enough:(

Tony

Staff member
The sound of the blades when they are going slow is enough to make you pucker a little lmao.

Westy

LEGEND
Bogging down still..... but man the vibes seem all gone and it is rock solid..... hovers really well and flies nice and true with now apparent issues.

BOKI

mountaindewdude76; That is a very addicting sound! Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Westy; Glad to see you are getting your helicopter flying better! We have 8 inches of snow here & its not real cold 35 degrees & up to 48 & 50 degrees next week & rain! Last Year we had 65 degrees to 80 degrees in March! Talk to you again Soon! Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Graham Lawrie ; Sonuds like your doing good & hope you get some good Flying in when weather permits Dave! Oh you will have to get some pictures of your Helicopter when you can! Sounds real Nice !

Top Bottom