Scale Agusta A109

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I don't get why they make you check a box for shipping protection?? Never have I had to do that anywhere else ever! They lost the sale of a helicopter because they wanted 18 bucks more for shipping protection. I simply went somewhere else with none of that bull.

Tony

Staff member
I don't get why they make you check a box for shipping protection?? Never have I had to do that anywhere else ever! They lost the sale of a helicopter because they wanted 18 bucks more for shipping protection. I simply went somewhere else with none of that bull.
I 100% agree. They are not an insurance company, so this is bordering on fraud.

But this build will continue. I may do a little work on it today since we are waiting on parts for the new aquarium (yea, you heard right lol). So things in the house are on hold, so may do a little more work to the Agusta. :yahoo:

Tony

Staff member
So I just grabbed the fuselage from the shelf (minding very carefully where the ceiling fan is....) and it hit me, I need more parts.

Question for you all. The balls and link ends are SUPER tight. Way too tight to actually assemble like this. What do you think, replace the balls, links and ends? Just the ends? Or just buy a reamer to size them correctly?

Tony

Staff member
Hm... I think Murphy has been talking to this helicopter in their free time. Turns out, the Align 730MX's bolt pattern is wider than the bolt holes on the motor plate... Not good. And I don't have a mill to make a new plate. hm... Anyone have any ideas?

Tony

Staff member
Motor bolt pattern is 30mm on center spread, motor plate is 25mm. Unfortunately it's not as simple as drilling a hole as the motor does need to slide to adjust gear mesh

20230311_151119.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Wanted thread for a new motor has been created. Let me know if you have one:

Tony

Staff member
Ball Reaming Tool has been ordered. Need one anyway for Murphy... Will likely just order new ends as well to be safe. I have measured all the balls, and they all measure out at 4.7mm, so right on size.

Tony

Staff member
A different plate would work as long as it has the 30mm spacing. Plate side to side is 54mm

Tony

Staff member
One issue resolved. Servo nuts have printed. Included the file below if you need them for 600 size.

20230311_155823.jpg

Attachments

• 600_Servo_Nut.stl
    40.4 KB · Views: 1

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Here is what I have and don't think it will work without some machining, but a 600 pro plate may work. I know its 54mm just not sure of the motor bolt pattern. I have a motor but its 30mm spread also.

Attachments

• IMG_1394.jpg
    IMG_1394.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1393.jpg
    IMG_1393.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 2

Tony

Staff member
The side hole spacing for the frame on mine is 45mm. Yours is also 5mm thicker so would need to be machined. And there is no slots, that's weird lol.

And that link for ebay.... is for HeliDirect... Just wanted to point that out hahaha.

I will look into the Pro mount and see if I can find specs on it.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Helidirect?? opps. I've been looking for specs. Grand RC has the mount also. I have a scale huey with a Align 600 pro in it. I'll see if I could see anything from the top. Like I said, 99% sure it's a 54mm frame width. Let me see what I could find out too.

Tony

Staff member
Worst case I can get a 1/8" end mill and use it to do some plunge cuts then do a very very light run to clean up the ridges. I just hate doing that on a drill press because it can drop the chuck with lateral loads like that. But, should be minimal loads. I just hate having that much of a hole in the plate on the inside. I guess I could get larger washers as well. One way or the other, I will get this bird in the air lol.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I hear ya. They show this motor (HML75M03) to be used with that motor plate H60219A. So pretty sure it would work. The only other thing is the holes in the frame matching up to that plate. The motor plate holes in the frame are slotted? can't remember.

Top Bottom