Agile 5.5 flight

treff

A very shaky start from both pilot and heli

Agile shake | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I have the throttle set to 100% but seems to make no difference also having problems with brain software.
Every time I go back into the sofware something as changed ie pitch setting or the rudder setting so I do
not really know what is going on. Cheers

Last edited:

treff

Hi Graham Not sure why you can not see vid. Done it the usual way, copied and pasted link from Flickr.

Graham Lawrie

I can see it now Treff. That looks like a gain issue. I had a similar nodding dog issue and it was low head speed and setting on my TX, but I cant remember what? I have a DX6i. Cameron might remember:)

treff

Thank Graham I will have another gander when the rain stops. Cheers
I have changed the gain from 40 down to 25 with little difference so not
to sure where to go from here.

Last edited:

treff

I've put a link into the vid now so hope that works.
I have spoken to a few now who have this problem and no one really knows how to cure it
I think there is something warped somewhere, maybe the main drive, I'm not sure and no
one else seems to know either. Just have to start replacing bits one by one. Cheers

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Treff did you size your ball links are they all free to move, just had the same problem on my 250 as one link was binding slightly, elevator in my case,

treff

Hi Kev, yes everything smooth as silk, bit of a pain. I'm going to give it 5 or 6 more batteries to see if it goes away or gets worse. If no better
I'll start to strip it down. Like I said a few owners of this heli are having exactly the same issues so hopfully some one
will come up with an answer. Cheers

stokke

Something is def up with that bird - when I wrote about shakes in my 7.2, it doesn't look like that. You have some wobble of sorts going on there. What blades have you stuck on there?

treff

Hi stokke, yes something amiss a bit more than cyclic gain I think. The blades are RJX fbl came with the kit. I have spoken to a number of pilots who
have the 5.5 and all seem to have the same nodding and vibe problem so I am beginning to think there is some sort of design flaw or some part got
a warp in it. So I am now at a dead end. I will stripe the head down and grease the dampers then reset the mesh in the tail drive but I think it may be
more than that. The heli does not feel right if you know what I mean. Time will tell. Cheers

Hi Stokke. Yes something very wrong and quite a few owners are suffering from the same thing. Shakes and vibes but no one
seems to know why. Time will tell no doubt. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

What is your headspeed at Treff?
If you bump it up does the wobble get better or worse?

treff

High Lee. Yes tried bumping up head speed and running at 100% slightly better but not right. I have spoken to a few other owners
and most think it may be a problem with the bevel gear that drives the tail. I think it is the meshing of those gears, it has to be perfect. I
have everything stripped down now just to make sure I have not missed anything in the build. I am also ordering another bevel gear just to make sure
although some one mentioned he tried 6 gears before he got one that worked properly. Cheers

Thank you all, again! I told how my 700 was shaking its tail at speed (fast, forward flight). Someone said, "lower the gain.". Well, dummy, me, I lowered both aileron and elevator gains on the 3GX. WRONG! This morning, it hit me. I had read where Tony said the tail adjustment is done on the transmitter. The GYRO settings I had set over a month ago! I went out this morning, and after lowering my 70% setting to %50, the wagging is gone! I also varied pitch & throttle curves, and now my 700 is as responsive and agile as my 500 !!!! I will post a new video soon showing me truly tossing it around. Wow! Thanks again!. :)

treff

Just an update I re-did the mesh of the tail bevel gear today go it running really smooth. I spooled it up then almost at lift off the main gear completely exploded.
There is all most nothing left. If I was standing any closer, well I do not know what would have happen. Where to go from here ? I don't know. I think there is a
design or a component flaw with this helicopter that is quite dangerous.

Top Bottom