General Advice requested

Well I went and had a look at the two of them, and yes see the difference between the EFL and DFC.
So I think I will look at the 500DFC super combo.
Am going to hit up the local hobby shop today and see what they will do a DX7 for, and that will get dad happy with a decent radio.
Thanks for the help guys!
Been much appreciated, I'd like to go bigger, but as Lee said i can only afford to crash a 500 at this point in time.
Anyone wanna buy a Mazda 3 MPS? if that goes, i can afford to crash bigger helis lol
Well actually i don't think i'll be able to afford bigger helis with a pregnant wife around hahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Treff,
I'm not that old but have had similar problems myself and have also spent many minutes on hands and knees trying to find that blasted screw or nut or washer that i've dropped on the carpet.
Rearranging the house soon, and my workshop will be on tiles out the back of the house with much more natural light, and a look over the helipad out the back.... (soccer oval/cricket pitch)

Westy

LEGEND
Dx7? or Dx7s? S is better as has the Scroll wheel ... and is DSMx ! Which is totally Wicked!
dx7s-glamour.png

damn straight skippy!!
I'll have to get a carry case for the chopper, then when i get a chance to fly over to NZ i can go and fly with you there!!

It's for my dad, and i don't have the $400 odd to spend on it for the old man sadly enough.
If I had the extra few hundred i'd get him that in a heart beat.

callsign4223

Staff member
Why not get the dx6i? I have had both the dx6i and the dx8. While the 8 is definitely better, the dx6i was still a great tx. If I hadn't gotten a smokin' deal on the 8 I would probably still be using the 6i.

I do like all three of the transmitters. I'm going to wait and see where i can get the best deal, and on what model the best deal comes from.
6 is probably enough for him, but hey can all do with an extra chanel lol

Hmmmm..... just looked at the build done by Lee.... that warp 360 does look pretty awesome!!
now i'm tempted... warp 360 or or Atom 7HV..... too many choices

Lee

Big difference from the Warp to the 7HV. One of my next helis on my list is the 7HV or i may wait for the all new 6HV which looks like a big Warp 360 :D

Ok, so now i may have a bit more money to throw at a decent helicopter for the old man and I.
I have been looking at some of the other models that you guys really like and seem to have great reviews about.
I have been looking at the goblin 500 and the warp 360 or 6HV as other possiblities.....
My question with these models is, can they be converted to scale models? I was leaning towards the answer being no.
Trying to work out something that's not too big, and going to be really stable, already looking at better flybarless gyro's that should hold the thing in place... The ikon looked really good from what i've read so far

Top Bottom