600 Adjusting headspeed

DAL2855

Banned
I found one on ebay and it's NIB and got the bid on it, auction ends tomorrow for it got it right now for $2.25! Maybe I'll get lucky and get a smokin' deal on this motor! And it's from the same guy I'm getting the rest of my parts from!

murankar

Staff member
I wish I would have caught this sooner, like before you mentioned the kV of the motor. As I read this tony said your only options were pinion or tc. I was thinking kV. I learnt this from my Protos and the poor kitting options at a main hobbies. My Protos needs a 2590 kV motor for 3s to get the correct head speed range. I was going to fit my scorpion in this kit witch is a (I think) 3595 kV motor for a t-rex.

Anyhow go with the 600mx or equivalent motor and go with the best combo for your target head speed.

If you don't mind me asking why are you so set on 2200 rpm? Keep in mind that 2200 rpm on a 700 is easy because of blade mass. Look at the 250s that are rocking almost if not more than 3000 rpm. They have way less blade mass.

I hope this works out for you in the end.

Tony

Staff member
a 250 at only 3000? Pfft, I'm running my 450 at 3000 lol. 250's need between 4000 and 5000 rpm for smack. On my 450, I try to keep it right at about 2800 though for heavy sport flying. My 600, I'm shooting for about 2150 in IU2 max. With a 550 having smaller blades, 2500 shouldn't be an issue. 700's however should max out at 2150, any higher and you are just wasting energy. At least that is what BK said in one of his videos, same with BW whom was standing right beside him.

Top Bottom