Quad A rebuild and some esc questions

Hey all! So after a looong time doing other things I am back in the world if quadcopters. My first racing quad had changed a bit, and is now based on a lumenier sharpu frame. I have just started updating the electronics with a holybro kakute v1 AIO fc and currently am still carrying on with my trusty multistar elite motors and triblades. However, I noticed that when punching out I was occasionally getting cutout and was wondering if this was a symptom of running triblades with 20a afro escs. As I have updated the fc I was wondering if I should move to 30a esc? Also - is it time to move on from the multistar elite?

20170818_010407.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm not sure what size your quads is or weight but I have an 180 that has 30a esc with triblades and I have no problem punching out and booking right alone.

Smoggie

Most likely battery voltage dropping under high load and triggering the Low Voltage Cut-out (LVC). Easiest fix is to lower the value that LVC is set at in the ESC's. It could be a symptom that your battery isn't up to the job but lower LVC will help in any case.

Thanks all! It's a 250 frame, I think I will upgrade to 30a esc as I am in the rebuild phase at the minute. I think my issues started when I moved to the 3s Lipo and triblades which is why I'm pointing an accusing finger at the esc :)

Tony

Staff member
I agree with Steve, it sounds like the system is seeing too low of a voltage. You can do as you are wanting to do and replace the ESC's, you can lower the LVC value as has been stated, but you can also try and get a higher C rating on your batteries. I suspect you are right at the limits, and it just can't handle the amount of power that is needed by 4 motors all pulling hard at once.

hey, thanks for the responses. The quad currently is running a 70c 1500mah 3s lipo through 20a afro escs to 2300kv multistar elites. One thing which it could also be, and which may be solved by the rebuild is the possibility of a solder break somewhere ;)

Top Bottom