Power Supply's A new power supply

Slobberdog

I thought I would give the DPS 1200 FBA power supply a go, really is a simple reason, as it's so much smaller than the supply I have at the moment, they are supposed to be quiet and I only need 1 unit to get full power from my charger, so no modding of a second unit.

Size, 1.5″ x 7.75″ x 3 1/2" and power output here in the UK should be around 1200w and 75a at 12v

So I am at it again, this is for a desk unit and should work out pretty sweet,

More to follow.........

Slobberdog

Will post up when I get more, patience Mr Lawrie.

It's the same supplies as Lee had but I only need 1 of them so no mods required...

Slobberdog

Well got the new toy to play with, this thing is so much smaller than the others that I have,

image.jpg

Will enjoy this as only have to solder a couple of bullets on it and a resistor, just waitin for the resistor now

image.jpg

Lee

Nice one Kev.
Thats the same as mine. But i took the lazy way and got Ian to build me one :D

Slobberdog

Yeah that was a tempting choice tbh, but as I only want the one unit it was so much more cost effective for me to do it my self, only need to solder a resistor and the 4mm connectors, so should be easy, was hoping to get the resistor in the post today but it did not turn up, gutted.com

I do like how yours look though, I can't believe the size difference, these are so compact,

Slobberdog

Well I have gone as far as I can with this setup of the psu, soldered the bullets to the board, have to wait now for the resistor to get to me,

image.jpg

image.jpg

Slobberdog

Well I completed the build last night, but by the time I got home from the flying club it was a bit late to take some pics,

So here's the finished piece, the other thing is this kit is quiet, the third pics I am just lightly testing it, but I will be putting a couple of 6s on it later and taking the power up a bit to see how it copes.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Slobberdog

well charged 2 2700 6s batteries at 2c to test this thing out, and it coped with no issue, which should be the case as it should be able to handle so much more, the fan did not come on and the unit was warm to the touch,

for something that is so small it coped really well, look forward to getting 4 6s on it and see what it does, Doh I have to buy 2 more 6s first :( oh well the long wait untill HK gets some more of the Zippy compacts into the UK warehouse is still on......

Slobberdog

Yeah Kyle it's a hot plug supply, but so is the 600 pb supplies as well, what you have to remember though with this supply is I can only get 1200w out of it cos I am plugged into 240v

wolfman76

Cool i just ordered a bosch hammer drill case next purchase will be one of these.. thanks for the info

Slobberdog

With your supply being between 110-120v you should get 900w at 66amps out of the DPS 1200 FBA, I liked it as I can run just 1 on its own, it however does run warmer when charging at higher amps, but I have not got it to run with higher fan speed yet

Slobberdog

Well giving the charger and supply a going over tonight, first cycle was 6 2s batteries for my 130x, and did not warm anything up,

Second up is Sundays flying 4 6s, and it's child's play, the supply is warm but not enough to get the fan to come on and the charger is louder than the supply, but not warm to touch,

image.jpg

image.jpg

After this little bunch 3 2200's to be done as it's always good to have a spare heli to fly at the site just in case you know!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Graham Lawrie

I have had the charger fan come on but never the power supply:) Never felt any heat anywhere:) Those Zippies are good:) I have a couple and found them brilliant for the price:)

Slobberdog

Well since I have got shot of the 130x I had a spare case sitting around so I thought I would use it to house my charging stuff,

image.jpg

Thinking its a bit cleaner.

image.jpg

Top Bottom