A new member from UK

jacko

Jacko.

Hi all, great forum I have been looking for one like this for a long time. I am new to forums so I might make a few mistakes but I will try not to.

I belong to a club but as the weather has not been good for quite some time I am trying to find out as much as I can about the DX8 as I have not got a clue how to program it.

I have had some lessons on a Raptor 50 and can hover it but as far as setting it up no idea, the chap who gave me lessons set up the Raptor50 that I bought.

I have just bought an E-Flite blade 450 3D BNF (basic) which I will be trying to sort out.

I also have a Sky Surfer, a Wot4 with an i.c engine, a Wot4 Foame. All but the E-Flite 450, have been set up on a DX7 not by me.

The problem I now have the DX7 with all of these on it but I need them on the DX8. I obviously will ask for help from club members but I am trying to get to grips with the programing.

I

Ken Jackson

Hello and welcome. I just got my DX8 2 months ago so I will defer any suggestions to the more experienced members. I can tell you to go through the book and all the screens on the controller to become familiar where things are. That will help but specific set ups are different for everyone. Did the blade manual offer any setting suggestions?

Ken

jacko

Hi Ken. It does but being a bit old in the tooth I did not start this hobby until I was over 70 I don't understand the concept of programing. I must get one of the members to show me how to as a lot of people set the planes up but don't show you how if that makes sense.

Thanks for the help I will keep trying without being too trying.

Slobberdog

:welcome1: Jacko, nice to see you on here, where in the UK are you, me i'm in Cardiff area.

theres so much info on this site chap you shold be able to find most, if not all your questions answered with ease, great bunch of guys always ready to help anyone.

if you have a specific question about your tx or require any info on it start by looking in the transmitter area and post any questions in there and one of the many guys that have that tx will get back to you quite quickly normally, just remember its wortld wide and some people sleep, lol but not all.......

and dont foget the pics they are our drugs on here, lol

jacko

thanks for that I will but I am looking at some of the posts to see if they answer any of my many problems.
I am in the Herfordshire area.

Lee

Hi Jacko,
Welcome to the friendliest forum around. As already said by the other, plenty of help here. Just post in the relevant section, any questions you have.
I totally understand about people setting up your radio and not really telling you what they did or why. Everyone at the field wants to help i'm sure, but they also want to fly :D So they do whats quickest and easiest to get you going.
Here on the forum, we have the time and the enthusiasm to make sure your helis, planes and radio are working 100% correctly and, more important, that you understand it.
Cheers Lee

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum and thank for joining up. If you are looking for a place to learn the DX8, you have found the PERFECT place. Not a year ago, everyone had DX6i's. Then things took a turn and everyone went to the DX8's. No matter what you want to know, there is almost always someone on here that can get you setup and going in no time. Just make a thread in the Spektrum section below and we will help you out. If you have not seen my videos on the DX8 yet, take a look at them. You can see them by clicking the Articles button above, then select DX8 on the left side of the forum.

:welcome1:

Karubah

Welcome Jacko, from Aus. Yu will find this a great forum to belong to as the guys here are friendly and ever willing to help if you have any problems. I'm new at this as well and have a Dx8 , Tony's video on it helped me no end in setting it up for heli's. I just played around with it to get a bit of an idea about what was where. Don't let all the switches confuse you as you really only need to use 3 of them to get you going. Cheers, Andy:welcome1:

Top Bottom