a loving new fan/rc pilot

Every since i was a kid i had R/C anything i could get my fingers on. i then lost that feeling for R/c one day i started thinking i use to play with toy R/c when i was birthday shopping for a lil cuz of mine about a year ago. i started saving money last week i went to a hobby shop looking to buy a T-Rex 600, and a spectrum Dx8 after a lot of searching and re searching, i got to the hobby shop, and they almost wouldn't sell my the T-Rex they wanted me to start on something smaller.. i have and always will be a go big or go home sorta type, so they talked me down to getting the MCPX blades, i still walked out of there with a 450 T-Rex pro v2, we got to talking about how long it would take to build it. they said being its my first heli its going to take you over 16 hours to build they got me some tools. i would need i get home and first thing i do is get phoenix 4 RC flight sim, plug in my controller, and start flying.. more like start crashing but the saying : there are 2 types of bikers, bikers that have been down and bikers that are going down.. and well that saying hold's true for planes/helis alike.: so i spent every night on my sim i could hover fairly well. so i started orientations hovers. each night 5 min hover and land. in each direction. well i thought i was good enough to try my mCPx, well i was almost right. im not sure if its not set up right but when i lift off it pull to 1 side every time well i did get in to a hovers for a good 45 sec. but i could tell something was wrong cuz i couldn't get it above my knee with stick at full throttle. one thing i asked is there any help out there for RC they told me no, i said i cant find a you tube video on how to do it. they said no you will find speed shots of people building you will not find step by step instructions... well shop YOU ARE WRONG. With tonys help, i built my bird - the servos/gyros/elevators not install in a lil under 6 hours. well and.. they never did give me a battery now i have to try to find one around here with out having to drive a hour for it.. i might just order one off line. i want to thank tony for his GREAT HELP,

Only problem that i ran in to while building.. i cross threded one of of the holes.... HORRIBLE time undoing that.. HORRIBLE

NOTEs
- Did not come with oil,
-did not come with T-48,
-2 bolts missing for the Tale stablisation arms.

Derek

Whoa! Sounds like quite an adventure! From the sounds of your story, I would almost guess that you went into my local hobby shop. I don't go in there asking questions anymore. I just go in and get what I'm looking for (plus a few extra "somethings" of course, lol) and get out. There are quite a few people on this site that have 450's and they are quite knowledgable....Tony is no exception.

When the opportunity presents itself, join us on Phoenix Online and fly with us.

Derek

Generally, it's RCH. The flight session is always passworded so that only RCH members can fly with us. The password is usually "tony"

we'd be happy to have you come fly with us when a flight session is opened.

Alternatively, you could go to the Phoenix Sim thread and post that you are starting an RCH flight session. That will let us members know that you are there and we'll come to you. We always have a good time crashing....I mean flying, lol.

Westy and I were on the sim last night doing inverted auto-rotations for the first time. That was exciting!!!

Graham Lawrie

Welcome to the site:) Great tale and some journey:) It is amazing how many of us have ended up here through similar routes:) I came the 450 Pro 3gx V2 route like you, found Tony on Youtube, accepted the invitation to come over to the forum, and have bugged the hell out of anyone that will answer my questions:)LOL This is THE site to be part of and the friendliest on the planet. Hope to see you on Phoenix soon:)

Lee

Welcome dude,
Look forward to seeing your adventure continue here on the forum.

Tony

Staff member
You know, a lot of hobby shops will do things like this because they are just jackass'. But most shops would have just sold you the 600 to get your money and wait for your return to buy all of the parts. In this case, I have to applaud them for talking you down from the 600. Those are some mean machines and can do some serious damage if they get out of control. Just imagine what would have happened if that mcpx was your 600, not a good ending and each crash is going to cost you about $100 or more.

The mCPX is the best heli to learn how to fly collective pitch IMO. I wish mine was up and running but I think the board is going out on me. Don't hate yoru shop for talking you down, even I will try to talk people down from just jumping to the 600's, or 500's. 450's... I might condone but the mcpx, oh yeah.

As for your issues on the mcpx not lifting off, we are going to need some video on it. Even though we do not allow help questions in this section, you can post up in the heli section with a video and we will get you in the air. What we need to see is your pitch and throttle curves, fold the blades back the same way, flip on throttle hold and raise the stick to mid stick. The blades should be aligned. Then go full positive then full negative, the spread between teh blades should be teh same. Also make sure the main gear is pushed all the way up on the main shaft. When you crash, the main gear is going to slip. it's just how the mcpx is. Don't glue it into place. In a crash, something has to give, and the main gear slipping is the best part to give. The alternative is something breaks and that costs money.

But yes, we are out here to help each and every one of you that are getting into the hobby. Every day, we are here. Post that video in the heli section either under the micro's or in the beginner section.

murankar

Staff member
Welcome to RCH. Most people start small and work their way up in size. The only time you should jump to a 450 or 500 is after you have mastered your orientation on a real heli. IRCHA promotes a 500 sized electric for the first ccpm heli, I believe it's a Gaui also. Just for being a member of IRCHA you can get a discount on the 500. Here is the link Mild 2 Wild program.

wolfman76

WELCOME TO THE RC-HELP FAMILY ENJOY YOUR STAY!!! I say family well because everyone on this site is like one big family we are all more then willing to help each other in anything one of us does if that is not a family i don't know what is.... glad to have you join i myself started with a 450 i also have a blade 400 and a hk500gt my 450 is a exi but tecnically my 450 and my 500 are both pretty much align by now though after upgrades and parts replacements on both...

Top Bottom