a great flight

taizi

just wanted to share the flight i had yesterday and bear in mind im still really a rookie

i flew my cp3 (because my little rex has a broken servo mount) yesterday and had the best flight yet, ive recently had the balls to try nose in flight and since then ive been practising turns into nose in flight, and yesterday i put it all together and was actually flying in all directions with full turns etc, i had a couple of close ones but was able to flip the tail and throttle up to avoid the ground lol, and yes i did need new underwear because my whole body was shaking hahahaha

one really good tip i have for novices like me in this crazy but fun hobby , is aswell as using a sim buy a small micro 4ch heli like the trex100, xedia 9958, or nine eagles h500, its really great realtime flight training and helped me learn nose in flight as my sim is rubbish and these little 4ch helis are fantastic fun and very cheap to fix if they do break (which in fairness is rare).

i can fly like a nutcase indoors with my xedia9958 and its great for teaching you what is likely to happen when you lose control of your big helis, and inturn sharpens your reflexes and thought process so you can save the bigger heli from a ground thumping

happy flying pilots:)

murankar

Staff member
Yes a good four channel heli is a great tool to use. It is recommended that a new pilot start out on one. IMO the best one to start on are by e-flight like the msr, msr-x, mcx and the mcx2. All of these come in bind-n-fly or ready-to-fly versions and are backed by Horizon Hobbies excellent staff. One of the days I will get my mcx back up in the air, I fly the living crap out of it and now the 3-n-1 is dead and for the cost to buy a new one I should just get the mcx2 b-n-f.

Lee

Yep I had the MSR. It taught me a lot. I used to fly battery after battery in my house doing nose in. Smashed it into every piece of furniture and never broke a thing.

taizi

yeah your right, they are great fun and good practise

problem with me though, i bought a little coaxial and could fly great and being a complete numpty thought that a 6ch would fly the same haahhahaha boy was i wrong, my first ever 6ch flight lasted about 4-5 seconds and then the tail dug into the ground and bits flew off lol

just got back from flying and this time without the shaking , and i can fly circles and hold a hover nose in woohoo!!!

taizi

ooops !!!!

add one crash to todays flying events, not sure what happened but my heli did that crunch tinkle roll up in a ball thing, no real damage though, just a bent boom and a broken nightstay and horizontal fin, all of which i can sort out, and it still flew ok

lately crashes havent happened so its a surprise but i didnt even flinch, just picked it up, straightened the boom pulled the blade grip round the right way and took off again, is this normal or am i just heartless to my little heli lol

now to glue the fin back on and refit the nightstay for tomorrow, great stuff "glue" hehehehehe

Top Bottom