A great days flying

Lee

Well today we had a break in the weather. So all batteries charged, i took the whole fleet for a spin.
Chaos 600,Trex 500,QAV 500, MCPX and my B2 Stealth bomber.
First up was the 600. I'm starting to feel its time for a power upgrade. I don't want a stick banging 12S set up with 4 mins flight times, just a bit more constant power and pop. I sent an email yesterday to RCAerodyne asking about one of there scorpion motors. It was way more expensive than i have seen on other sites, but as i have the chaos 600 from them, and there customer service is second to none, i thought i'd ask whats up. More on this later.
Only flew one battery on it, but i'm feeling more and more happy with it inverted and lower to the ground.
My main goal today was to get the 500 dailed in. I've not been happy with the settings on the ZYX FBL Unit. So spent three flights getting it like i want it. It didn't feel locked in to me. Found out that i had missed a setting in the program box hidden in the depths. The Total gain was way too low 20% Upped it to 45% and its solid as a rock. So much better than before that i did my first sustained full double piroflips ( no video as i was doing them so high up you couldn't have seen them on camera LOL)
Got a flight in on the QAV that now has my TM1000 Telemetry unit installed. Its great for getting the Voltage live to your TX, and i also have an alarm to let me know when the range signal is getting weaker so i don't lose it over the horizon :) Kept pushing further and further out till i got an alarm and quickly hurried back.
Second battery was spent racing around the low bushes a la star wars speeder :D
Lastly i flew the B2 Bomber i built a couple of months ago. I was having real problems launching it, as it always wanted to flip over when throwing it from the wing tip like a boomerang. So today i held it by the nose and threw it like frisbee. Worked like a charm.
Its not the easiest model to fly. It has a weird yaw due probably to the lack of vertical stabs, but it really looks the part. Video is uploading now.
By then it was getting dark, so no time to fly the MCPX. The tail has decided to die on me anyway. Need a new 7mm motor. It lasted 6 months, so i'm happy it did its job well.
Tomorrow its raining again, so another day indoors.
Oh and by the way. When i got home, there was an email from RCAerodyne telling me i could have the motor at 50% discount :thumbsup: Guess my 600 is having a power upgrade in the next couple of weeks :D
Happy Flying.

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Hi Lee. Film at 11? Lol where is the video! Looks like I might get to fly this weekend. It will be cold though. Have to find some good gloves! Lol

Tony

Staff member
50% off a scorpion motor? that is a smokin' deal. You need to some name dropping to them for RCH lmao. Get our name out there to some of the larger companies!

Lee

Video of the B2 is in a different thread Sam.
I drop our name everywhere i go Tony ;)

murankar

Staff member
Hell ya on that 50% off. From my experience scorpions run warmer than other motors. Other than that its a great motor.

Lee

If you look again Tony, I said OUR name, not YOUR name.
You speaka the Engwish, I speaka de Spanish LOL :D :D :D

Tony

Staff member
I no speaka da engrish (aussie guy said that, I member lmao). I could have sworn you put a "Y" in front of that. Ah well, I appreciate it either way bro!

Top Bottom