A gift from an RCH member

wolfman76

Might I suggest the use of an atleast 800 lumens led flashlight might help to pinpoint the blade by means of light reflection through the murky water

Might I suggest the use of an atleast 800 lumens led flashlight might help to pinpoint the blade by means of light reflection through the murky water

That's a good idea Kyle, I've got a powerful touch too but it's not waterproof ..... yet... Lol,
Thanks bud

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. Good to see the kindness of people on here.
I have a couple of motors lying around for a 450, but I guess you can get one from the UK cheaper than the postage from Spain.

Thanks for that Lee, appreciated, its actually got a motor on it. I need servos, ESC, RX, gyro and FBL head, don't like the FB heads...lol
I'll buy them when I find suitable ones to use, lots of suggestions coming my way though thanks to everyone...

murankar

Staff member
I have found a dealer from Honk Kong on ebay that had those 215mg's. There was also a US dealer that had them also but I think that guy would be out of the question due to shipping.

As for the MKS Hobby King clones, you may have to do the mod on them. I cant remember what the mod was, something about putting grounding tape (electrical tape) on the inside of the bottom of the case. I think the circuit board could touch the bottom of the case and would short out.

Thanks Lee, think I'll go for the second one, doesn't sound so complex...

Will those 306 servos do the tail do you think..

- - - Updated - - -

Can you say Ziploc bag lol

Exactly Kyle, a waterproof bag will do nicely

I have found a dealer from Honk Kong on ebay that had those 215mg's. There was also a US dealer that had them also but I think that guy would be out of the question due to shipping.

As for the MKS Hobby King clones, you may have to do the mod on them. I cant remember what the mod was, something about putting grounding tape (electrical tape) on the inside of the bottom of the case. I think the circuit board could touch the bottom of the case and would short out.

Thanks for that Matthias, think I've seen the same ones. They look really nice servos.. Think I'll keep away from those MkS ones...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Tony

Yes the 306 should be ok on the tail, it is pretty quick, are you going for the HV versions,

Thanks Kev, yes I'll get the HV ones

murankar

Staff member
Damn I got more stuff you can use but now to to get it to you cheap. I have a 450Pro canopy sitting around doing nothing but looking like a canopy. Its an official Align 450 Pro canopy too. Its a little dinged but hey its a practice canopy.

Damn I got more stuff you can use but now to to get it to you cheap. I have a 450Pro canopy sitting around doing nothing but looking like a canopy. Its an official Align 450 Pro canopy too. Its a little dinged but hey its a practice canopy.

That would have been great too Matthias.

I've got a list of stuff almost ready to order now, this stuff is expensive man...lol

murankar

Staff member
I used to have an EXI 450 Pro that I started off with and all thats left of it is the align stuff, fasteners and some bearings. Most of the hardware has been lost or destroyed when my house got in the way of the heli. Come to think about it I have maybe one or 2 main gears (align) a couple pinions (align) and a couple dfc main shafts and couple standard main shafts. That basically wraps up my Align stuff. I think I just might post as a cheap grab bag on the sales thread.

Update

I've ordered 4 off TGY-306G-HV servos from hobbyking, and a Tarot DFC450 head in orange, with swashplate from hongkong..

Other parts I will order at end of month

this heli has a Turnigy 2836-3200 motor on it, i presume this must have been OK, but should be be upgraded or will this suffice for my type of flying (novice) the spec says its a 650W motor, so with a 3S lipo thats only 6amp.

also im unsure of the tail servo mount as this heli frame doesnt have one. a boom mount wont be any good as the tail shaft goes under the frame where the boom mounts. im wondering what type of mount i will need.

Last edited:

wolfman76

I would get the boom mounts and take the links off the existing tsil pushrod get some CA glue and a carbon fibre rod and cut to fit and voila a new pushrod glue the links on the end of the rod and you should be golden...

I would get the boom mounts and take the links off the existing tsil pushrod get some CA glue and a carbon fibre rod and cut to fit and voila a new pushrod glue the links on the end of the rod and you should be golden...

thanks Kyle, ill see what i can do about that if theres no other way

Top Bottom