A gift from an RCH member

Today I received a large box containing an HK450 heli, this was given to me by a member on this forum after losing my bird in the pond last week.

I can't believe the kindness people have to just give a heli away. I'm not going to mention the members name until I have his consent to do so...

I cannot say thank you enough for this gift...

The HK needs all the electronics, ESC, servos, gyro, RX, so I'm going to be seeking advice on obtaining these parts. It has a lot of align parts on it, skids, tail boom. It's also a flybarred heli..

Past experience with those warrants a conversion to FBL with a Kbar gyro.

So I'm wanting a FBL head, I've noticed on RCH adverts that hobbyking do one for £15.

Need decent servos, all 4.

A 6 channel RX to match my DX6i TX.

And a decent ESC..

If I get the OK to mention this members name I will do, otherwise I'll call him TY for thank you..

Thanks again TY, your generosity is greatly appreciated...

Some pics

OUT THE BOX

image.jpg

Temporarily built up

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Absolutely Graham, the members on here totally rock, a great family to be part of...

Thanks Marius, yes another build in progress now and looking forward to getting all the bits...

Slobberdog

Superb Tony, nice to see you with a bird again, but seriously fella skip past the HK head spend a little more and get the Align head, you will be so much better off in the long run, and defo get another kbar, just had mine flying hands off first time off the ground properly, great for the money, nothing to compete,

Look on eBay there is a couple of people selling align servos off 250's see if you can get a good deal. Search trex 250

murankar

Staff member
Yes that's the RC help that I have grown to know. Enjoy the new kit. I have an ESC but to ship it would be an arm and a leg. Its a scorpion commander 45 amp with rf program card. Its used but it works.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Superb Tony, nice to see you with a bird again, but seriously fella skip past the HK head spend a little more and get the Align head, you will be so much better off in the long run, and defo get another kbar, just had mine flying hands off first time off the ground properly, great for the money, nothing to compete,

Look on eBay there is a couple of people selling align servos off 250's see if you can get a good deal. Search trex 250

Yes I've been looking at the align dfc head, looks like the business, so I'll get one of those for sure... No doubt which gyro I'm getting, definitely the Kbar again.

Thanks for the tip on the servos, I'll have a look now...

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that's the RC help that I have grown to know. Enjoy the new kit. I have an ESC but to ship it would be an arm and a leg. Its a scorpion commander 45 amp with rf program card. Its used but it works.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Thanks Matthias, I know shipping to USA isn't cheap, I sent a gyro to a member not long ago.....I'm not sure which one to get yet, need advice on this one...

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, these servos are not cheap are they, I've been looking at the DS415M's, 3 off is £50

murankar

Staff member
Look at the KST 215m servos. they are RJX rebranded and are cheap. Thats what I am looking at for the Gaui. Just need about $20 dollars before I can order them. That ESC may go up for sale just so I can order the new servos.

Look at the KST 215m servos. they are RJX rebranded and are cheap. Thats what I am looking at for the Gaui. Just need about $20 dollars before I can order them. That ESC may go up for sale just so I can order the new servos.

They look very nice servos Matthias, can't find a Uk stockist yet! but I'll keep searching.. Thanks for the info

Stambo

Good news on the new "acquisition" and big kudos to the generous member that gave it to you.
It looks you may be back in the air sooner than you thought.:)

PS I think you need to change your sig in relation to the Blade. :p :)

Slobberdog

Servos go for the turnigy 306g-hv, they are supposed to be wicked, £14.5 on Hobbyking and I think they got stock in uk warehouse, these are pretty much the same as the ds95 MKS servo but not at £65 a servo like the MKS.

If it was me I would prob go for the talon 35 esc, and 450mx motor

Good news on the new "acquisition" and big kudos to the generous member that gave it to you.
It looks you may be back in the air sooner than you thought.:)

PS I think you need to change your sig in relation to the Blade. :p :)

Yes I hope so Stambo, I really miss my flying times and the adrenaline rush you get from it..

Ohhh yes, my sig...

Thanks

wolfman76

I had the exceed rc alpha series 1050kv motor from hobbypartz.com and the 30amp volcano proton series esc also from exceed and both were rock solid... never 1 single issue. Also if you don't have the extra cash go for a Tarot fbl head I hear they are pretty solid I had the orange tarot tail on my exi 450 with the exi digital servos all eere solid and fairly inexpensive... good luck on the build buddy and outstanding on the part of the members donation of the heli

Servos go for the turnigy 306g-hv, they are supposed to be wicked, £14.5 on Hobbyking and I think they got stock in uk warehouse, these are pretty much the same as the ds95 MKS servo but not at £65 a servo like the MKS.

Brilliant, thanks Kev, I'll have a look now and order them... It's got the motor on, a turnigy one, can't quite see which one, but I'll take it off anyway to redue locktight...

- - - Updated - - -

I had the exceed rc alpha series 1050kv motor from hobbypartz.com and the 30amp volcano proton series esc also from exceed and both were rock solid... never 1 single issue. Also if you don't have the extra cash go for a Tarot fbl head I hear they are pretty solid I had the orange tarot tail on my exi 450 with the exi digital servos all eere solid and fairly inexpensive... good luck on the build buddy and outstanding on the part of the members donation of the heli

Some good info there Kyle, I'll look into those. I was going to buy the tarot head for my blade but was too impatient to wait for delivery from china... Lol, but I think I will this time as money is a small issue these days...

Thanks

Hey Kev, do you think those 306g servos will do for the tail too, they seem extremely fast and accurate??

Admiral

Great start to a new Heli, glad to see the generous support from an RCH member, look forward to following this story along with the on-going recovery.

Great start to a new Heli, glad to see the generous support from an RCH member, look forward to following this story along with the on-going recovery.

Thanks Keith, I'm busy researching servos at the mo, the turnigy 306g HV seem a great choice, Kev suggested them, I'm wondering if they will do the tail too as there really fast.

I'll keep trying to recover the blade. If I can get out of work early enough tomorrow night I'll go then with kayak..and rake...lol

Lee

Cool. Good to see the kindness of people on here.
I have a couple of motors lying around for a 450, but I guess you can get one from the UK cheaper than the postage from Spain.

Top Bottom