A Different Camera Mount.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there. When it comes to recording flights videos, I have my Canon PowerShot mounted on top of the rim of a baseball cap. It works fine but sometimes I notice I have the tendency to move my head around some trying to steer my heli in the right direction lol...it doesn't work. On my BD, the wife is taking me to this place for a day of fun Ocala Gran Prix | Complete Racing Facility in Ocala, Florida. Instead of trying to mount the camera on their helmet, which I think they wont be to happy about, I went ahead an ordered this https://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras-sport-dv-accessories/pp_1316075.html?wid=1433363 for recording the run around the track and my flight videos. Not sure how it's going to work but for the price, it can't hurt to try.

Admiral

My first thought is you probably sit too low in the Kart to get a really good view of the track with it on your shoulder, I use video glasses but have the same issues you do with the cap mount.
My first thought is something that clips the camera to the to the plate that the number is on, but you would need a lanyard on it to stop it becoming FOT (Foreign Object on Tarmac)
I used mount an Action Cam on the roll bar in my MX5 (Miarta) when I used to track it, that gave a very good result, the bit of vibration only adds to the realism.

Top Bottom