General 9053 Double Hourse will not turn off ?

Wpw

Hi, I'm new to flying Heli's. I have a 9053 Double Hourse. Lots of fun ! But I have a problem. Weather the Controler is on or off when I plug the battery in the blades start spinning ? The only way to turn it off is to unplug the battery. I changed the PCB board and no change. I can't figure it out ? HELP !!!!!

Graham Lawrie

This was my first big heli:) I never had this problem. I would disconnect everything and start again, but make sure that there are no trims on the transmmiter and the throttle is off. Then plug the battery in. The biggest issue I had with mine was that it could not fly inthe slightest breeze. I also spent a fortune on spares as a result. If I had used the money wisely I could have bought a Trex 250 second hand and got on better and quicker. Sorry not to be much help. A flight sim is a must when starting out. Save a fortune in spares:)

Reactions: Wpw

Derek

Is your throttle trim switch raised up too high? I'm thinking that if the throttle trim switch is raised, as soon as the heli gets power from the battery connection, the blades will spin.

Wpw

I have the throttle down turn on the controler,Helli switch is off plug in the battery and the blades start spinning ? Left the controler off the Heli off and they still start spinning when I plug in ? I had this flying good then the next day I was going to do some hovering and it would not shut down ? I'm puzzeled ? Thanks For the try to help. :torn:

Graham Lawrie

If it is starting without input or tx on your controller must be telling it to start. Possible board fault. But you have changed that?

Derek

Could you possible make a video for us? Showing us the heli is off..you turn the equipment "on" and the results. Maybe that will help us to help you.

Stambo

Best thing you can do if you want to fly helicopters is once you get it sorted, get rid of it as soon as possible.

Check here for some tips and tricks for this heli.

I had one when I started and it taught me all sorts of bad habits that are hard to unlearn.
They are only 3 channel and have the controls totally different to a 4 or 6 channel heli.
If you want something cheap to learn on try a v911 from banggood.com.
It is small and stable so you can fly it inside, it is robust and can handle a crash or 20, and you can fly outside in light winds that would take your 9053 away. It is 4 channel fixed pitch so you can move it sideways as well as forwards and backwards, you don't have to point it where you want to go.
The stock transmitter has 20% 40% and 60% settings to allow really tame flight as well as 100% if you want to get a bit more aggressive.
Next best thing to a simulator in my opinion.
If you do get one, don't forget some extra batteries.

Tony

Staff member
NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER

TURN YOUR HELICOPTER ON WITH THE TX OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a good way to get yourself or others hurt.

Westy

LEGEND
Depends on the system .... some of the Cheap and nasty sytems do not retain a bind .... and you have to power up the model first and then ... the radio ... then put throttle to full ... then return to idle and it binds.

Wpw

I think I may have to cut and run on this one and go in a different direction ? But what direction ? Not too expensive and able to fly outside for a newbie but a good Heli. Help me out here :torn:

Stambo

Back to my previous post, V911 from Banggood.com is less than $50 shipped.
Really stable but you can still throw it around a bit when you want to.
Handles light winds outside and small enough to fly inside.
Mine have bounced off walls, ceilings, chairs, tables and each other and they are still flying.
Or you could try a v949 quad. Just as stable and robust and a lot of fun too.
Heck you could grab them both for less than $100.
I did and its the most entertainment I have ever had for the money.

Dirk

Ditto! Wise words there from Tony. NEVER EVER!

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, I am going to suggest an Align Trex 450, but then again I may be a bit biased!

Tony

Staff member
Wpw, in this hobby, it's all about "you get what you pay for". Trust me, a LOT of us have been around the clone block and purchased EXI, or HK or whatever, and it has bit us in the ass, HARD! Right now, I have only one clone, and it's the HK450GT. I thought it was the perfect helicopter when I sold it, but when I was able to buy it back, it was a piece of crap. I had learned how to fly on an Align 450 Pro V2 and let me tell you, it's night and day on teh flight characteristics.

The quality of the electronics are another thing to look at. If you get cheap servos, they do not center well, and have a HUGE dead band. Again, you get what you pay for.

My advice is if you are a completely new pilot, never flown a helicopter before, get a Blade mCX. It's a coax, it's just stupid stable and will teach you how to fly a helicopter. This is an indoor helicopter only.

Once you learn the mCX, then get an mSR or 120sr from Blade. Again, the mSR is NOT an out door helicopter, but the 120sr can withstand the outdoors on a light wind day. I'm talking <5mph.

Once you master the single rotor fixed pitch, THEN and ONLY THEN are you ready for a CCPM (Collective Pitch) helicopter. CP heli's are VERY hard to fly and starting out on them will almost break the bank. When you put these things in the air, they want to do what they are designed to do, fly, and fly fast. They will flip and roll on you at the drop of a dime.

If you have mastered the fixed pitch helis and you are ready to try the world of ccpm, then my suggestion is the same as above, get the Align 450 Pro DFC or the like. The Align Sport, with it's flybar, is also a GREAT beginner heli and is cheaper than the Pro. Setup is not as much of a headache either with the flybar. No computer needed to program a gyro.

I hope this helps. There is an article section on this forum by clicking the Articles button at the top left of the forum, or you cna click the link below. On the left side of the page you will see a lot of links with different heli's and Tx's to hopefully help you out.

Rc-Help - Your Rc Information Source!

Lee

99% of the time as Tony said. Radio on first then heli. But there are some helis out there (toy helis) that require you to turn the heli on first. Like the ones from Bang good as Stambo mentioned. My quadcopter was one of those.

Wpw

Thanks everyone !! This has been like someone gave me a bite of the best cake then took it away !! :disgust:

Wpw

Loved flying the Heli and then it stopped working ! Now I have to fix it our move on ?
I think I'll move on and work on this as I go !

Top Bottom