808 #16 with D lense... Still waiting.. its so hard to wait! :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
So

Because my other 808 #11 camera died.. (cause I left it uncharged or charged it for too long) I decided it was time to upgrade.. Cause I dont have anyone to make videos for me.. and MAN I love watching myself fly after.. lol ;) :D

So.. I decided to push THE button .. lol about a week and a half ago on ebay. The camera now comes with different wide or wider angle lenses pre installled... like this is the model I got.. Mini DVR 808 #16 V2 -Lens D Car Key Chain Micro Camera HD 720P Pocket Camcorder | eBay .. The camera comes with "Lense D" installed. Its a 120 degree wide angle lense on top of the 720p HD videos that its stock camera makes. SO no more modding to get better field of view (FOV) .. I checked some videos of it by some users and .. MAN THE difference was WAYY NOTICEABLE...

Read reviews by Chuck Lohr on his website.. and he liked the cam.. ESP now that the camera comes with a Video and audio out cables so they can be used to on screen displays with recording.. AND.. you guessed it right! FPV!! Thats right.. straight out of the camera..

That was an awesome feature.. Add to that the fact that you can replace batteries in it unlike the #11 and upgrade firmware to what you want to add or remove features .. Man.. this is an awesome setup. I bought one with 16gb card that comes with it.. so I wont have to hunt for it..

Here is a video of the comparisons of the lenses.. :

808 #16 120 lens D V2 vs 808 #11 key fob camera - YouTube

4 Cam Comparison w/ #3, #11, #16 & #18 808 cams. 720p HD. - YouTube

808 #16 Lens D 120 on Parkzone Radian RC Glider @ Clifton Downs Bristol - YouTube

Now ofcourse put it against the gopro and you fail the quality test right away .. you do get kind of what you pay for.. but for the price! CANT BEAT IT MAN!

SO YEAH I AM EXCITED!! :)
Have fun! :)

Lee

Looks good Gaba. I just saw the Gopro Hero 3 is out today. I'm very tempted to get it. It has wireless video to your phone from up to 600 feet.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Looks good Gaba. I just saw the Gopro Hero 3 is out today. I'm very tempted to get it. It has wireless video to your phone from up to 600 feet.

Lee I have the wi fi back pack for my hero two. I'll let you know if I like it or not. I'm reading that there isn't enough range on it fir what we do though.

Tony

Staff member
So Gaba, where is the onboard video? See... You can't do it :biggrin1:

OOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I want onboard grass cutting to prove that you did it :chuckles:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I almost cut grass with my vibe 50 this weekend. More because I had some pitch issue .. Unequal pitch on it.. Looked too cool . And yeah 130 will pick that up like a charm but I don't know where to mount it up get chopping grass. Lol

And I don't have it yet! Lol

Top Bottom