800E trekker help

185cm

Hi i am new to the helicopters and could use some help on setting up the sevos and swash plate. Also the setup for the 3GX with a R6208SB receiver and a futaba T8FG RADIO. Looking forward for some help.

Thanks 185CM

Tony

Staff member
If I may, please get something like an msr to start with and learn orientation in your living room. Once you master that, move up to the mcpx or 130x and learn what collective pitch is all about. The 800 Trekker is a lethal helicopter. I have seen many first flights, and they are all over reacted. I urge you to start out with something smaller for safety sake. A 450 is the largest I would go when learning. One crash with a Trekker is going to cost somewhere at least $200 or more if it hits someone.

With that said though, we are here to help you get it setup if that is really what you want to do. I don't suggest it, but we will help. Just post up in teh helicopter section in the forum (we try to keep questions out of the introduction area since you will find more help in the tech section) and we will help you get it going.

185cm

Thanks for the reply, I have some small helicopters that i fly in the house and a couple of the blade 130x for out side. I purchased the 800 and built it too the point of the electronics. I haven't used the fataba T8FG and it is a little confusing. I have some time on my hands so i thought i would build this for when i can fly it. let me know where i should start and thanks for your concern, 185cm

- - - Updated - - -

Tony i also purchased an ikon if it would work out better because of the recovery system with the 800 size helicopter. If any one has some input on the ikon for the 800 let me know. Thanks 185CM

Tony

Staff member
You can post in the 700+ Section, or you can post in the Beginner Help Section. Just click on those links to go there. Your choice. But if you be more specific in the place you post, such as posting in the gyro section under Helicopters, you will get more specialized help rather than mixing everything together.

I am glad to hear you are just building this and have other helicopters. Makes me feel a little better about helping with the Trekker lol.

pvolcko

I am glad to hear you are just building this and have other helicopters. Makes me feel a little better about helping with the Trekker lol.

Yeah, me too. IT would be unusual for a first heli to be something so large and expensive, so I was hoping there were some others in the hangar already. :)

Top Bottom